DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Same

Just a little too late on the shutter

5 Likes

Either the recent SpaceX launch or @near_blind about to be デッド

@klarsnow @near_blind

6 Likes

Some shots from the session after @near_blind’s mission:

If you had told me 20 years ago I’d be doing this I would have called you delusional :slight_smile:

@near_blind politely asking the missile to lead him into the ocean but for his jet to also not put him there.

@chipwich turning into the groove with me in the top center of the picture, as a small speck, marshaling.

@Maclean about to catch a 3-wire!

8 Likes

Some left over screen shots … because DCS is so pretty and pretty awesome!

9 Likes

The view from the holding pattern is pretty daunting. Think I’ll circle around until the sun comes up.

@chipwich finishing his slow pass flyby

AI being a liiitle too impatient on the cat.

looks like Vaders transport.

7 Likes

Gah, I keep missing y’all online.

Decided to take a break from doing laps around the Stennis in the Hornet and mucked about with the new ME features. Set myself up to do a few laps around the Tarawa, and I must say, I’m loving the new static objects on the ships. It really adds to the ambiance in game. Bringing the Harrier down on the boat feels like easy mode now compared to doing the same in the Hornet lol.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Slumming with some pubbies

EDIT:

More Randos

1 Like

“It is far easier to stop and then land than it is to land and then try to stop” – John Farley, Harrier chief test pilot.

4 Likes

LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEDLE LEE” - UK MoD committee on RN and Fleet Air Arm acquisitions, 1954 - Present.

1 Like

I don’t get it. Then again, I’ve never seen an entire episode of SpongeBob. That whole lowering IQ thing and such.

My 7 yr old loves it, she thinks it’s cute.

Lead @near_blind refuels and rearms while 3 @chipwich and 4 @Kombat_Karl are ready on cats 1 and 2.

Chip on cat 1, Karl on 2.

@AeroMechanical’s missile finds its mark.

9 Likes

Look at this magnificent bas*ard. Look at this.
Now think back where we were about five years ago and tell me that future isn’t great…

5 Likes

What I wouldn’t give to have some animated grapes and redshirts on deck clustered around a plane doing that…

One day my brother. I think that the Tomcat preview showed some deck crew objects that were pretty detailed. Negative knowledge otherwise.

To this day only a couple of racing sims animate pit crews, and their placements and movements are much more choreographed than a deck crew.

I’m not holding my breath, but I’m honestly fine without having them.

I like having 'em around, even if they are static. I try not to taxi through them, but no promises if they don’t give way.

P3D

X-Plane

2 Likes