DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Bork?

I could throw my weight into it, but my grasp of DCS skins is poor, with a lot of trial and error. :blush:

Holy ■■■■.

Those visuals posted up above… That is some amazing stuff DCS is producing visually these days!

It just a photoshop file, isn’t it? If I can paint the FSX EH-101 I can paint anything…I swear the guy that did the EH-101 texture lay down was on acid :scream:

1 Like

There is an Italian skin that is just beautiful. You can find it up on the user downloads section for the Viggen at the main DCS website.

@WreckingCrew’s server being one of the few servers that is stable for me in multiplayer I decided to take some time tonight and reacquaint my self with the Harriers weapons systems. Boy I was more rusty then I thought… but I still managed to take out a few SAM’s and trucks in the end.

Wreckingcrew even stopped in to blow some stuff up in the A-10C. Sorry I didn’t stick around longer but it was getting late.

7 Likes

Fun flying here, too… been a while –

Red team lashing out -

3 Likes

10 Likes

Even from in the cockpit, DCS world looks pretty. :slightly_smiling_face:

For the next two…needless to say I was a bit short of the runway…I’m still debating what the captains should be…
Grounded1

1 - Honey! I’m home!
2 - @#%&! My neighbor is blocking my driveway again!

1 - Talk about a broken nose…
2 - On the plus side, at least I won’t need the ladder to climb down.
3 - Dang! This is going to raise my insurance rates.
4 - We can fix this. My father is a TV repair man. He’s got an awesome set of tools.

6 Likes

Carl, you put her up on blocks first.

Didn’t spill my beer! Packers, wooo!!!

That’ll buff right out.

2 Likes

”Nap of the earth”
”Terrain following…litterally!”

1 Like

After about 20 attempts…I finally got a kill with an RB-05E (the radio controlled missile)!

…so I got lucky…it was definitely going to be too long, but it hit the GOPLAT’s oil derrick tower and BOOM! the whole thing went up…go figure…

It much easier to hit with Mavericks and the KH-66 GROM beam rider with the Mig-21bis…just say’n

I’d be interested in @Troll’s thoughts/opinions on the RB-05E…other than its hard as all living heck to hit a target with it.

1 Like

I got to try the Rb05 sim for about 10 shots. That sim had a stationary cockpit, and sort of simulated the shooter aircraft on ATT autopilot.
You had to think ahead and plan your moves. Steer-wait-observe-repeat. And I remember something about a finite amount of steering inputs as well. Can’t remember if the engine supplied pressure to the controls, or if it was a gas accumulator that slowly equalized as pressure was used.
The instructor said the best tactic was to do large input during the beginning of the trajectory, and then fine tune the position. The aim was to place the bright spot (the missile) on the target, and keep it there until it hit.
A tricky missile to control, for sure!
Viggen pilots had to perform 1000 sim shots. Then they went on to shot a few Rb53 BANTAM (Bofors Anti Tank Missile) from a SK61 (Scottish Aviation Bulldog trainer). Lastly they got to launch a live Rb05 on the range. I was told there was a 50/50 chance of a good shot as the missile either fell off the rack without igniting, or ignited and wouldn’t guide…

1 Like

Great info and points on the proper technique! :smile:

Most of my shots were a series of s-curves–left…right– towards the target…Opps! too far…back to the right…Oops! too much–you get the idea. Knowing that real pilots have to shoot 1000 before moving on, doesn’t make me feel so bad.

2 Likes

Patrolling the coast of the Islamic Republic, looking for intruding F/A-18C Hornets. Lucky for them, I did not see any.

6 Likes

Be careful flying down low, the threat of all those falling AIM-7’s with dead motors falling out the sky can be hazardous. :wink:

2 Likes

Holy crap, that skin is gorgeous.

1 Like

7 Likes

3 Likes

Hmm… Something seems off…

Paint scheme, maybe?

Maybe the tanker has a, uh, er… Body image problem?

Oh, it’s the guy in the back seat! He’s not paying attention.

Oh. Yeah, on further analysis, the red star should’ve been a tip off. No collusion here, be sure!

5 Likes