DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Nest Purchase: Mirage or Harrier…Mirage or Harrier…screen shots like this are compelling for the Mirage…:slightly_smiling_face:

Get harrier. Mirage is a fun jet, think a more modern F-5E. Two heaters, two sparrows and a sweet pair o guns in a hotrod package with a FBW system.

The latter is the reason for me to recommend against the mirage. FBW is boring compared to the harriers flight systems.

On the other hand, mirage is a Sierra hotel fighter jet. She’ll tango with the best of 'am and have a fair shake at coming out on top.

The Mirage campaign is one of the best yet that I’ve seen in DCS. Just saying.

2 Likes

I havent made it past the first mission in that sadly, tho it seems nice indeed. For some reason the game always grades me a fail.

BD is working on something for the harrier as well :slight_smile: Both jets are great imo. Pick the one you like most, or just pick both

1 Like

this. eventually you are going to end up owning em both anyways.

1 Like

They are both great choices. I would go with the Harrier first personally, although the M2000C is a more mature module. The Harrier gives you the ability to fly off the Tarawa, and the whole VSTOL thing is something no other airplane in DCS can do. Plus, it is almost a Harrier GR7.

1 Like

Harrier. Nothing against the Mirage, my recommendation is solely aimed at your pick one rule set.

The Harrier has the VTOL as was mentioned, which is reason enough, it can fly in and out of so many types of landing sites that it leverages the amazing maps we now have like few other modules.

But its systems are great fun as well. The NA part of its name gives it a night time capabilty no othe module has and the TPOD is a fantastic tool to play with and use. Being able to self and buddy designate from a flight deck with useful top speed is well worth the ticket price.

Also the only jet with western SEAD/DEAD capability in the form of the AGM-122. Although that will soon change.

8 Likes

Wicked!

Give me a rwr and a gun, and I will show you DEAD capability.

2 Likes

LOL. The MILVIZ F-4E with TACPACK YouTube tutorial for DEAD begins with something like, “First use RWR to gain visual on the SA-2 that has just been launched at you. Maneuver and use chaff to avoid it.”

As MOTO a statement as I’ve ever seen. Anyway, it was then a guns (with wing and centerline gun pods) attack as you describe. :sunglasses:

Harrier, Harrier, Harrier! I like the M2k but to me the near-exclusive air-combat role gets old pretty quick. The Harrier can pack one heck of a bomb load, sling PGMs, land almost anywhere, has fast acceleration (even if low top speed), and shares a lot of commonality with the bug. It’s not complete but it offers a lot for the price point. I’ve spent more time in Harriers online than I have any other jet so far.

2 Likes

Updated GBU models, over wing vapor, vortex effects and new weather settings are my favorite of the latest OpenBeta update.

And a new skin I finished for the MiG-29A.

20 Likes

Holy mother of … You have an artists eye man! those are some gorgeous shots. Plane pr0n in the truest sense of the word.

4 Likes

Thank you schurem! Right now I’m trying to get some of these screens into a short Hornet movie/video.

Also, the NSAWC Hornet and Fulcrum Aerobatic skins are currently reviewed by ED.

1 Like

Got some new skins coming.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Quite a packed deck you got there.