DCS 2.5.x Screenshots (2019)

7 Likes

Been looking to do some missions for the Mig-19P. Found some more skins for the aircraft. The paint kits for the module were only released a bit back (maybe a patch or three) and now some person finally made some new skins. They did a bunch of them in an Arab Coalition pack. Syrian, Libyan, Iraq and I believe Egypt as well.

These are shots of the Syrian skins. I really like the attention to detail. This is going to be very popular when they release the Syrian map for DCS.

13 Likes

got home from Wales tonight and managed a quick blast in all my new additions to DCS

now to be fair…i already owned this. but i never fly it. I think that will change now the cockpit is so beautiful. theyve done a fantastic job. I never got to grips with it before but I’m quite interested in it again after reading a book on the A10 in kosovo.

I have always wanted to fly the opposite to my beloved Sabre. This is a beautiful thing to fly. really nice weight to it and feels balanced at all speeds (except slow speeds) but i think a bit more time together is needed as its just so interesting. love it.

Of all my recent additions this was the one i wasn’t too bothered by. until i flew it for the first time. WOW!! it is a BEAST!!! i love it. im totally shocked by how beautiful it is and it flys like its on rails. A quality module. love the sounds. the rattles, everything.

This thing…scares me. i flew it for 15 or so minutes. its so. damn. fast.
is it actually possible to land it? I took of with no real problems other than over sensitive ailerons and i couldnt work out how to raise the gear till i found the interlock switch but landing its gonna take some work. it flys pretty nice and the sound it makes when the burner kicks in is incredible but shes a tricky girl. but i cant help but like it!!

I love this thing.

11 Likes

Yep, they are all really fun aircraft to fly. As you set up missions for air combat, particularly in the Mig-19P and the Mig-21Bis, you had better be sure to have a good GCI network set up for them as well because their radars are horrendous. You really get a sense of how difficult situational awareness was or the lack of it with these two aircraft. Fly them for a while, struggling with SA and then after a time fly the F/A-18C, the F-16Cblk50 or the F-14B really get a sense on how the situational awareness is levels above those Migs. Really lets you appreciate the technological differences.

4 Likes

thought I would make a start with my new russian toys with a few training missions in the yak. got to grips with it pretty quickly as shes a simple soul.

i love the aerobatics ability. did a nearly perfect wingover first time and some reasonable stall turns. ill put together a video when im more confident in her. I really like the module. its extreme fun for me.
although my flight did end up in sillyness later… she lands on the carrier and takes off beautifully :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Taken from @Franze’s Divine Falcon mission this evening.

17 Likes

Some dramatic shots there. Nice!

3 Likes

13 Likes

15 Likes

Very cool skin!

Found it in the ED user files along with a woodland and winter camo from the same author. Need to figure out what I need to edit to swap the current Australian pilot for a USMC one :rofl:

2 Likes

In the mission I am making, I’ve been fooling around with time of evening in order to get some nice looking perspectives and make the flight and combat more interesting.

13 Likes

Not sure what happened. I followed Hangar200’s landing tutorial and…

19 Likes

Well to be honest, by his standards, that’s a successful landing… The plane’s didn’t explode.

8 Likes

Don’t blame yourself! You’re not the problem! The ground is…

3 Likes

Yes, a ground attack capable plane actually means it is built tough to survive an attack by the ground itself!

The plane can’t be blamed for the imperialistic soil’s cowardly attacks on it’s underbelly.

6 Likes

So… Last 24 hours to get those shots in for 2019! Anyone got any last hidden surprises to send us off into the next decade?!

4 Likes

I will! HERE’S A SHOCK; I’M FLYING THE FISHBED. ONE MIGHT SUSPECT IT’S ONE OF MY FAVORITE AIRCRAFT. HMMMM.

15 Likes

14 Likes

THIS I DID NOT SEE COMING! ERMIGERD!

6 Likes