DCS 2.5.x Screenshots (2021)

If only. Still a lot of nutcases around.

3 Likes

Very true

3 Likes

Finally practicing AAR a bit, mostly because I want to be ready for the A-6.

5 Likes

Considering these days how everything has been outsourced that should be an Omega plane refueling that F-18 @MiG21bisFishbedL

Wheels

That’s kind of a rad gig.

Doing a strike in Iran as part of a multinational force. Flying for the PakAF:

4 Likes

17 Likes

9 Likes

Is that rubbled building next to the tower part of the default Syria scenery, or a mod? That looks too amazing and I haven’t seen it in other terrains.

Default building!
While I was upset about the miss, I was impressed with the model so it evened out. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

So I’ve been learning a bit of the F-16C. Constructed a mission where I’m flying as Royal Jordanian Air Force hitting ISIL across the border and have found a new RJAF skin from two guys. They based it on the F-16A block 30s the RJAF had at the time or still does. They also made the skin sort of weathered and used. Looks much better IMHO than the cleaner version I’ve been using.

10 Likes

From Fire Cube:

15 Likes

Well that is my new desktop background sorted. Thanks @Wes

1 Like

Which one, @Victork2?

1 Like

The top one. Its beautiful dude.

4 Likes

That top one should be your avatar. That is quality.

14 Likes

Shots from an early morning patrol.

6 Likes

Okay, done - how’s that look?

4 Likes

Taught myself some new stuff today after a quick re-familiarization with the CDU and entering additional waypoints:

• Adding a secondary flight plan
  • Adding the new waypoints to said flight plan
  • Making the new flight plan active

Result - I drew the Kill Box area of the Fire Cube mission on my TAD just like I did with the Hornet and the additional sequence. This makes it really easy to make sure that I am scanning and keeping the TGP looking within the area where the enemy is present.

Sorry USAF, you can’t top the RCAF at night with the moon. Also you’ve definitely fried that camera.

Loading relatively light on ordinance for most folks, but still heavy on gas for this big search & destroy type project.

In the box we’ve got a captured Chapparal SAM, near some buildings. Going to have to go low-collateral damage but still good range on this with precision: AGM-65E laser maverick!

Ah, found something on the pod! **Zooms In** Drat, just another oil well!

9 Likes

Very nice…although I would suspect there were a couple of spilled coffees and a few “soiled boxer shorts” in the tower.

Ona more serious note, I see that you used the GBU-31 V3/B which is designed primarily as a “penetration weapon” using the BLU-109. Do you recall the fuze setting? (INST or DLYD). Also do you remember the terminal angle setting? The reason I ask is that I’m wondering how well DCS simulates the weapons (should also apply to the GBU-24).

If you had used a delayed fuse and hi high angle setting (70º to 85º)against this non-hardened target, the weapon may have simulated a detonation somewhere directly underground of the aim point (DMPI), which resulted in damage that appears localized vertically.

If so, this has ramifications for targeteering and mission planning, especially when considering collateral damage. For example, the structure adjacent to the target building in the second pic, appears to be a standard ammo warehouse. Had that been collaterally damaged we would have seen a lot more destruction.

In any event, a very cool set of screen shots and “some nice shooting, Tex!”…er…“Wes!” :grin:

Just had a thought for the admin bubbas…perhaps a BDA (Battle/Bomb Damage Assessment) thread where DCS users post screen shots like @Wes did here and maybe describe a bit about target, weapon used, attack parameters and weapon settings, results, etc. Just a thought. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

It is within the powers of every user to start a thread… :wink:
But I like the idea!

2 Likes