DCS 2.7 Discussion

The Viggan getting well deserved love is awesome to see. I have been doing a little light reading on it as I’m interested in flying the Campaign next after I’ve played through museum Relic again in the Sabre.

7 Likes

with my squad mate we had some fun yesterday in Harriers, actually I didn’t have that much fun in DCS in long time.

we first did some training flights from Tarawa on training server to figure out how to drop bombs, fire rockets and launch Sidewinders.

for live action I usually prefer colder war servers but there was none with suitable setup and population, too cold. so we then hoped on Growling Sidewinders modern server. fast movers were busy with other side fast movers so we were free to move some mud in a vicinity of red road blockade. it was located reasonably close to our home base and the ingress was via deep valleys. great action!

what a nimble CAS fighter the Harrier is down low.

anyway what I wanted to say is that there is FREE TRIAL live in DCS so if anyone wants to try any aircraft during holiday season just visit official DCS web page.

10 Likes

They had such a great success with the free trials that they made it a permanent thing. Every user gets every module for two weeks every six months. So you can always trial at your own convenience. Isn’t that great? I think it’s great.

6 Likes

free trials are dynamic to user,

You get a free trial every few months IIRC.

1 Like

Another good event. Seems like the 'jocks themselves were getting into it pretty well too. Good fun, and a good cause.

4 Likes

The SRS developer released a statement last night regarding their 2.0 release. In that statement, they address the future of SRS.

Finally - I’ve had multiple tags all over the place to ask what is happening to SRS with ED’s new VoIP solution. In short nothing is happening to SRS, it’ll always be here, and i’ll work on it as long as it’s still used and people like it.

As I’ve said multiple times, they’ll each have their pros and cons - with a built in solution being no bad thing either. SRS currently has a rich ecosystem with STTS / External audio, EAM , Transponders with LotATC, MIDS, encryption audio effects and many other features. EDs version will likely have these added over the coming months as well but some features they may choose not to do, so each will have their own niche. See ARMA and TARS for a nice example of this.

Ultimately if SRS is fully replaced by EDs version, that’s no bad thing either as we’re all winners there too!

8 Likes

looks like the patch has been moved to tomorrow this is from Bignewy over at ED

Open Beta Public testing build

Currently version number: DCS 2.7.8.16140 Open Beta
Next update: Now Planned 23rd December 2021 ( Subject to change )

Thank you for your patience

6 Likes

Imagine if they introduced a game breaking bug, they would have to work Christmas day to get a hotfix :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Orthodox christmas day is Jan. 7th. 25 Dec. is just another day to them.

2 Likes

Honestly…I’m OK with waiting till after The Holiday’s[Russian/Europe/North America]Let them enjoy The Holiday’s like The Rest of The World.

3 Likes
19 Likes

AERGES…? Didn’t someone have the F1 on their list already?

It’s what aviodev is now called. But it’s the same guys.

4 Likes

The C101 is said to be truly excellent. The amount of love it’s been getting over the years since its release as evidenced by the changelogs has been incredible. That, to me, means the Mirage F.1 is in great hands, and I can’t wait to fork over my Eurobux to get my mitts on it.

The Mirage F.1 sits, for me, right in the sweetspot of when fighters were at their very coolest, at the turn between gen3 and 4. No fancy MFD pages, but lots of knobs and buttons to push, twiddle and tweak. Love it!

11 Likes

By the way interesting details in that video. Versions with and without the refueling probe, two seaters. Are we getting multiple versions of this? Amazing. As if one wasn’t reason enough to get excited!

2 Likes

From the official forum:

From what I see, they might be doing -CR and -CT as well. So yeah, a pack of mirages!

It’s such a lovely jet. Look how fast it looks! Zoom! Whoosh!

11 Likes

I am super excited about the Mirage F1. It is a representative from an era when performance peaked right before computers took over the flying.

Aerges also seems to go overboard with variants. They already had the full Spanish lineup to be flyable, now we also spot a French CR or CT (AI?). Also the Iraqi skinned aircraft has the additional HF antenna at the base of the tail. Might just be cosmetics and a skin and not a genuine variant. But still, fantastic attention to detail.

5 Likes

It truly is @schurem . I actually fly it a lot. I consider it the quiet success story in DCS. I have not tried it multiplayer yet but hear it does quite well there as well.

2 Likes

Day One purchase. Want. Bad.

Was the F1 on the Falklands?

Edit : nope.