DCS 2.7 Discussion

PS: Anybody here know of (or know someone who knows) how Chopper comm’s go in/out of a FOB? Just the basics. I assume there’s someone there that dishes out basic wx stuff, winds at least. Or is it just a CTAF-like thing? Right now I’m simply spitting out a “freq. change approved” clip when entering it.

“Redskin two-one inbound to FOB Countach”

“Countach to Redskin, come on in, we got some local chicks in the hot tub bud! whee!”

6 Likes

That was my second guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

2 Likes

I bet Casmo would know. Maybe post the on his discord channel. I think Wags said that they had 3 Apache pilots on that DCS mission that was the subject of Casmo’s last video.

4 Likes

Ok, new drop is nice but I encountered an ugly bug - the carriers have sprung a leak :slight_smile:

Sorry, so all my missions - all of them! - with a departure from a CV (to include the LHA) fail to spawn on the deck. You just drift around in space. Took a couple of hours to fix it…haven’t found the exact culprit however.

Likely a mod of some sort. Since I have a lot of them I’ve yet to narrow it down but if you’re experiencing any funky loading issues try this:

Re-name your “Saved Games\DCSopenbeta” folder. I just added a “.bak” to mine: DCSopenbeta.bak

NOTE!!! This wipes out all your config stuff, mods, etc. DCS re-builds this folder on the next startup.

It’s a big hammer but my folder has been accumulating a lot of stuff for years, so I guess it was about time. Slowly adding mods back in to nail it down.

4 Likes

In the Hornet? That’s wild. If a human player loses engines/power you loose all control authority and can’t belly land at all.

I’ve seen the belly-landing AI a lot on the WW2 side since 2.7 first came out, but it’s nice to see the WW2 AI changes finally making it to the modern side.

hornet has the FCS Bypass / manual linkage.

just saw this over at Heli-simmer … its a mission generator for helicopters, i just downloaded it to give it a throw

4 Likes

Interesting… Let us know what you think,

1 Like

Did they post a change log for the last patch as i couldn’t find one.

This: ?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/

1 Like

Ahaha, nope. AH-64D got it, but the implementation of viper and hog isn’t much improved afaik.

2 Likes

Thats the one. I have to look at everything on my phone now so never actually scrolled down to see there was text there. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

When did they turn on the lights, on the SuperCarrier? Not the Island but the ones illuminating the cat?

Been away from the boat for a bit but during a recent debug run I saw this…

Should be able to see the director now, without NVG’s (or cranking the gamma up).

*NEVERMIND. Wishful thinking on my part (and time away from the SC)

3 Likes

Ha, you got me excited there for a moment. Oh well, back to using my NVG’s to taxi…

(But take them off prior to the shot so you don’t risk a broken neck in the event of weak cat shoot!)

3 Likes

Looks like OB Patch Tomorrow…
Open Beta Public testing build

Currently version number: DCS Open Beta 2.7.11.21408.1
Next update: Planned 30th March 2022 ( subject to change )

2 Likes

Awesome MOD alert! Massun92’s asset pack was recently updated to include dynamic lights that are placeable in the mission editor as a static object. I’ve wanted something like this for a long time since the current engine can’t support dynamic lights due to performance concerns. The default lights at airfields don’t illuminate anything. Not sure why ED didn’t give us something like this before.

Download here:

Default:

Massun92’s Asset pack lights:

Works great on the carrier deck also

11 Likes

:+1::eyes: :+1:
Wow!!! That Looks Stunning!!

Oh My GIF by Omaze

4 Likes