DCS 2.7 Discussion

I am thrilled for this, the Jug being my favorite DCS warbird to date. It’s just a magnificent rumbling ■■■■■■■ in VR :+1:

5 Likes

Nice change log!
Will start the DL soon.

Do lights (like the Huey’s search light or plane landing lights) now light up water?

Downloading now. My poor old R295x2 is shaking already.

The sim runs basically the same if not better. The new clouds looks gorgeus. Loving it. I had two hangs during loading into mission and one CTD so far. Running repair now just to be sure.

10 Likes

Yeah, the lighting is nicer and the performance in VR seems comparable to 2.6 using all sorts of VR patches. Just futzing around over Syria and it looks spectacular.

I think they did a good job on this one. :+1:

7 Likes

So sorry, I had lots to look at. Its beautiful and smooth, the 3090 is the weak link according to FPSVR :slight_smile: Also I crash on the Viggen harbour strike on Normandy, same place crashed twice, anyone care to try to replicate. Its once the first flights bombs detonate

2 Likes

The stream was great, just wasn’t expecting VR - it worked really well.

The clouds look great! But…my clouds seem to fluctuate, for the lack of a better word for it. It looks like the clouds are at a separate layer than the rest of the graphics and they move up and down, slightly. Anybody else notice anything like this?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a known issue. There should be some artifacting in there.

No change there I don’t think. I tried on the Cauc quick mission of Oil Rig Landing and the landing and search don’t seem to reflect off water that I could tell.

Did I mention I’m stuck at work?

Sassy Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

9 Likes

I knew I should have enabled remote desktop on my home PC. I could be updating right now.

you stink eugene levy GIF by Bounce

4 Likes

Hope you got a fast connection, it’s a sizable one. Mine clocked in at a 54gig download. Thank GOD for fiber optics.

Call home, give them instructions. The boys should be able to operate skatezilla tool, don’t they?

6 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! Mine was at ~60Gb and I had given up
Move the Syria map elsewhere then uninstalled it and now it’s “only” 18Gb. Still bought an extra 10Gb but at least I’ll be enjoying 2.7 soon™

edit: that means there’s nearly 40Gb worth of update for the Syria map alone…my Syria map folder pre-update was 47Gb…It’s like they’ve shipped the entire map again

1 Like

Thanks for checking.
I was so hoping for that one.

1 Like

Ok. Can’t see it any of the videos so I was thinking it could be a driver or settings issue.

James Franco GIF

5 Likes

Just saw this on reddit :open_mouth:

3D payload editor and beer bombs!

8 Likes

Woah what a changelog! Thanks for sharing @Cib!

I’ll let you fly the rough edges off for a few days, thanks for the copious screenshots in the other thread and streams etc.

It took me a while to read even just the Core DCS and Mirage changelog, very happily surprised! It reads like they did a lot of core code re-write, with all of those tough long-standing bugs fixed.

Also, I was very happy to see that the VR issue is top priority, as I had read some doubts about ED’s priorities regarding VR (I think it was about propellers).

Let’s just quote the list of known issues again, as a reminder (See, @Troll)

5 Likes