DCS 2.7.X Video Thread

LOL! They grabbed a ride on the elevators on the carrier! But how to get back up? :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/AeutUHAHhx4

3 Likes

This guy did a really neat job with the dramatic visuals.

2 Likes

These guys did a really superb job with editing a multiplayer mission they flew. Helicopter flown by a former real world Apache and Kiowa pilot. Worth the watch IMHO.

3 Likes

T’was a very nicely done mission video. Thanks for posting it @RedBravo65!

2 Likes

Storm of War sortie with a buddy:

3 Likes

Snippet from today, basically the only successful engagement I had:

3 Likes

This was fun to watch. This flight-simmer did a pretty good job flying the Hind. Some serious AAA he was dealing with.

4 Likes

Hadn’t done any autorotations in years so I decided it’s time:

5 Likes

With my collective arriving next week, I am looking forward to some whirly-bird time. I need to learn this autorotation skill :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Huey is so much fun! I also did an autorotaion in the Hind. IMO a little easier because you can just roll out but the initial reaction needs to be a little quicker to keep control

I have been really struggling in the hind to get the flare and decent under control. It feels like you need to be absolutely perfect to either not lose too much speed and roll over or slam into the ground at 4 times the speed of light

1 Like

That’s definitely in my top 3 DCS videos. Thanks for sharing RB.

1 Like

At what speed do you descend in autorotating the Hind? Mi-8 should do it at 120 or 130 kph, but I suspect the Hind likes more speed

1 Like

I like to keep it fast. I just recorded a video where I set it down at ~160km/h. Probably way too fast but it worked xD

Edit: I was descending from ~1000m at 250km/h when I started the auto rotation though.

1 Like

Here it is:

1 Like

Pretty successful afternoon flying the Fw 190A-8 on the Storm of War server. We intercepted some bombers, Took out a whole bunch of ground targets and finally I shot down a Spitty which I remembered to save:

3 Likes

Minor video dump. Got more in the editing queue.

5 Likes

Someone recorded a mad furball over Lessay on the Storm of War server today. The banged up 109 landing towards the end was me :smiley:
The sound is incredible. Fantastic job by ED

My video is still uploading

Edit:

5 Likes

One of these days I need to test out SoW. Seems like everyone is flying the German birds, though.

I usually fly on the side that has less players which ends up being the Germans most of the time :slight_smile:

1 Like