DCS 2.8

How’d you roll back? My dev machine is the one I need to restore - as mentioned, the 2.8 installed did “something” with my system:

It asked me to re-boot after install and that’s NEVER happened before. My code debugger works remotely (network connection) and I suspect that action wiped out a system setting that was relied on.

I’ve tried to restore all my port settings but to no avail. Now, I don’t know for sure that was it but it’s acting that way, and I spent all day yesterday trouble shooting it, to no end. It’s kinda complicated to set all this up. It is REALLY slowing me down.

Thing is, if they did munge up a system setting rolling back may still not work. But at least I can eliminate that possibility.

Thanks.

If you like command line, you can look up the CLI for DCS Updater, otherwise Skatezilla made an excellent GUI for it.

CLI docs: GUIDE / INFO : DCS Updater Usage, Version Numbers, Module IDs - General Tutorials - ED Forums

GUI: The DCS Updater GUI Utility - DCS Mods - ED Forums

1 Like

Yes, that made me really uneasy, given that there’s a war on. The wheels began turning about how many active duty and defense industry personnel play DCS.

I can walk you through how I did it via Skate Zilla’s GUI. Just give me a moment to grab a screen shot…

You’ll obviously need The DCS Updater GUI Utility.

Referring to the screen above, under the Adv. Updater Options tab, select Open Beta Branch via the drop down menu located under UPDATE TO USER SPECIFIED VERSION. Copy / Paste “2.7.18.30765” in the text box, located under the drop down selection box, and finally click UPDATE TO USER SPECIFIED VERSION. The update will then proceed to install v2.7.18.30765.

There may be an easier way to do it, and I don’t know if updating to a previous version completely rolls back the changes made with 2.8, but it works for me! I’ve tested VAICOM PRO, SimShaker, and CLICKABLE-FC3, all of which didn’t function properly w/ 2.8. I’m happy to report that they’re all now working properly after “rolling back”!

Good luck!

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks.

Oddly, it didn’t do this on my 2nd (gamer) machine?

Check the post above for instructions!

COOL. If this works…I’m gonna hunt you down - and kiss you dead on the lips!

4 Likes

All you need is 1 Vive base station for seated games.

2 Likes

2.8 updated some Microsoft SDKs, that’s why a reboot was necessary.

3 Likes

“Cove me, I’m going in”…never used this @SkateZilla tool but I’ve got it up now and it looks straight forward. BRB…

4 Likes

It’s a brilliant piece of work which quickly becomes indispensable.

4 Likes

The download is crawling…picked a bad time I guess (everyone d/l’g 2.8). Crossing my fingers this works…

1 Like

Vaicompro is apparently working in 2.8 after modding efforts over at the vaicompro community discord, permanent fix is expected in the coming week I believe. Good news👍

11 Likes

I have never used Viacom… Probably would (have) if it wasn’t something else to learn and because I have been happy with Bailey’s profiles.

If you use commands like “Jester RWS”, “Jester TWS” or (one of my faves) “Jester lock him up” you only get a brief flash of the ‘wheel’ which isn’t too immersion breaking IMHO.

But after reading some of these posts I might have to give Viacom a go… If they can get it working with 2.8? Or I might even use Skate Zilla’s GUI and roll back to 2.7 and try it out.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a fiddle at first. After one of my first Tomcat missions with it (posted a long time ago) was amazing - did a lot of ‘stuff’ with Jester and I think I only had to mash the F10 menu & keyboard a couple of times throughout.

1 Like

YES! x10^10!

That little entry means it’s connecting to the debugger again (in V2.7xxx). Dude, all of you, and @SkateZilla, you’ve saved me a ton of frustration. Can’t thank you all enough.

5 Likes

See the source image

1 Like

:rofl:

Proxy?

PS: If she won’t do…you’re now inducted into the AOR (standard 5-character fix names, so you have to use the imagination):

3 Likes