DCS 2.9

I love their idea of offering it in parts. Of course I cheaped out and prepaid the whole thing.

8 Likes

you should see the comments over at ED … you cant please everyone … even when you give people options :rofl:

6 Likes

Yeah it’s a ■■■■ show. You give people options and they act like ED asked for their firstborn. I just don’t understand people sometimes :person_facepalming:

Edit: I feel really bad for nineline and bignewy right now :pensive:

This whole thing makes me incredibly mad for some reason. Maybe because I think this anger is completely unjustified and misplaced. I should not have checked the forums before going to bed. At least I see once again that there are sane people on Mudspike. You guys are all awesome :sunglasses:

9 Likes

That was helpful to an extent, but the AI voice over made me think I was having a stroke for part of it.

1 Like

Hey, why don’t a group of us go over there with blades, bats, and knives, and clean the place up a bit :smile:

Ordered in total.

5 Likes

Preordered the whole dang map! Do like the options that ED gave though.

4 Likes

I’ll probably pass on this map. Holding out for Kola. Tired of desert maps, COIN, and there’s no waters for carrier ops.

11 Likes

Total :disguised_face:

1 Like

The vocal 1%, as usual. Ok, maybe 10%?

3 Likes

ditto.

5 Likes

It is probably less than 0.1% who actually feel that way and 9.9% jumping on the bandwagon because they have nothing intelligent to say.

Dickheads all of them.

4 Likes

Yeah, me too…

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

Further to my point about the Ed forums. It has now been mentioned that posts are being deleted
l and warning points handed out … reminds me of the line from Star Wars … “you’ll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.” well a small minority anyway :grinning: and my hat goes off to @bignewy and @NineLine for managing these entitled idiots

I know what you mean @Derbysieger about it winding you up … if you don’t like the idea of the map … then don’t buy it … it is that simple, ED is not forcing you to buy it

When you come from back in the 80s and remember what sims we had back then, the fact that we have a military grade VR sim blows my mind,

Sorry for the rant :grinning:

9 Likes

I feel exactly the same.

4 Likes

Same as well. Plus, there’s a bit of “too soon” for Afghanistan. But, if Rotorheads or another server that I frequent uses it then I might be forced to buy. In that case I’ll buy at full price whatever section(s) the server requires.

4 Likes

Those forums make me appreciate you all everyday…I Love my MudSpike Family!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

the total size of the Afgan map is allegedly 120gb, that 2tb m.2 drive is now looking like a good buy :grinning:

4 Likes

…but this will be The Nook’s Playground!! :smiley:
IMB_YuJFP2

3 Likes

If you don’t care for the theater or are tired of SW Asia, yes by all means that is an excellent reason not to buy it (or if you have space concerns).
Some of the other complaints, though, look like people struggling to come up with a reason to complain.

I’m hoping that like Normandy got a do-over with the Channel map maybe ED or Ugra or someone will make a do-over of the PG map (which is really just Straits of Hormuz with a lot of area to fly around approaching/leaving but nothing else) to be a real PG map with more of Iran, Qatar, Oman, and SA details in it. I’ll even buy it again.

6 Likes

Even more than the Gulf, Nevada needs a do-over. Imagine if those mountains could get their proper shapes, and perhaps the canyon to the south of Vegas got some love…

12 Likes