DCS 2 World Live Stream - 1pm 21 June 2015

Day late, dollar short with the live stream for me. :scream: But seriously, great to see Wags reach out to the community with this test, awesome stuff. Thanks to all that allowed screenshots to be posted on Mudspike.

The biggest item that excited me was the Mission Editor screenshots, the fact that the ME finally has a Satellite view which should allow for better placement of units on the map. My squad builds all of our missions from scratch and this would be a great improvement to the ME building phase.

Good stuff and look forward to some more nuggets!

~ LA

Weekly DCS World Stream

Dear all,

After the success of the Twitch Stream yesterday, we are
going to attempt to do a weekly Twitch stream (when the software is cooperating
and I am not traveling). Currently, I am thinking that it will be on Sundays at
1800 UTC time. With the kinks worked
out, the streams will be archived for later viewing and users are free to
re-broadcast.

It’s my hope that the first weekly stream will be this
Sunday, 28 June.

I will also be doing an open Q&A on the channel chat the
half hour prior to the stream starting.

More details to follow…

Thanks,

Matt

5 Likes

Excellent. It was a great way to see where things are, plus it was fun to see the reactions on the chat.

Twitch isn’t known for deep philosophical debate, but there was something exciting about seeing ~1500 people all crammed into you office and looking over your metaphorical shoulder. Live events like this are enjoyable.

1 Like

@wagmatt This is fantastic news! I was really, really impressed by the stream and thought it was an awesome way to connect with the user community. To think this could become a regular process to get updated is really exciting. Congrats to ED for branching out and taking a big step into the social media realm. I know it can be nerve wracking and full of surprises and unintended consequences - but it exhibits a confidence in the product that is really encouraging to see.

Great news!

BeachAV8R

Thanks Chris. I’ll be doing this on my own time on Sundays, so I hope people do not get too upset if I miss a week here and there due to personal engagements or the software having a bad hair day.

3 Likes

The software we can forgive, but if you’re having a bad hair day, we expect to see it on Twitch! :wink:

1 Like

thumbs up and looking forward to next streams Matt
but pls be sure to not forget to archive it for later viewing. I am always late… :smile:

@wagmatt Another alternative is live stream via YouTube. Thanks again for your time!

I think Wags should just invite us all over to his house. I mean…it’s not like the DCS World community would spill beer on his carpet or anything.

BeachAV8R

1 Like

There are issues where the stream would be blocked in certain countries…

@wagmatt Translation: Wife says no stream today :smile:

" With the kinks worked out, the streams will be archived for later viewing and users are free to
re-broadcast."

We will stick with just Twitch for now thanks.

@BeachAV8R you mean like ? :wink:

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/concertcover.jpg

Just don’t cross the streams!

@NEVO - We could only wish that a DCS meetup would have that many women! LOL…

1 Like

Here is a quick (kind of) recap from the stream for anyone who missed it.

6 Likes

That’s a great recap Bunyap! Well done…

BeachAV8R

I am not allowed to upload the photo, but the set of rules had the NO POSTING VIDEO rule
as the last bottom right and while I may have read some of the 6 rules, I was lazy and
did not read that part. That is my fault.

I was allowed back into the forum the next day, and for that
I am VERY thankful and will make sure that I ALWAYS read
everything and pay more attention.

I only wished to do the right thing, and I felt very badly that
I had broken the rules. I am very happy that someone forgave
me and I have learned my lesson.

DCS Forum has so much great info and Im so glad to still be a part of it.

Mike

1 Like

Glad it got worked out @ctguy1955.