DCS 2.X Screenshots (2023)

It’s in the 2023 and Beyond Video.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Is the Tucano working again? It went down for a bit around the 2.8 update. I was working on a campaign for it when that happened. That was a bit of a show stopper.

Yes - there was an update in January on Github. That apparently only works in the open beta - if on release version of DCSW you still need to use the one fixed by Ugra(?) otherwise you don’t get the cockpit.

CASE III practice
Really bad weather edition

Departing Andersen AFB

Above the weather enjoying the lightshow

I was too busy to take screenshots once I entered the pattern and I only managed an unsafe pass, wire #2 but I jumped into a Hornet after my recovery in the Tomcat to ‘relax’

9 Likes

Mission 12 was another armed recce type. Not many shots from this one, but wanted to post as it was the end of the campaign.

Famous goings on while we were up and about, but not for us; had to drop our bombs before finding any worthwhile targets as bandits were on the prowl.

Allied flight

Lots of flak, seem to have a knack for finding it!

Bandit spotted, right before we ditched bombs

And, that’s it.

So, I can retroactively change my new year’s resolution to be having done this campaign screenshot/mini aar thing, right?

Feel like I wouldn’t be alone here in getting onboard with retroactive resolutions.

A few random thoughts at the end of it-

This sim looks good!!! Always liked to think of myself as someone who doesn’t think graphics are the be all and end all, but man being in a fully convincing enviornment really can make up for some short comings. The looks coupled with the feeling that you are really flying something that’s alive, from the sounds to the flight modeling to passing through a fighters prop wash really add up to something special.

Things I missed/wish were there

A basic level autopilot, for those long flights when you want to advance time without worrying one little twitch on the joystick will send you into the drink.

Another try from DCS on their version of ‘smart scaling’, I know there was a reason they had to get rid of it but wish they’d keep working on it.

WWII comms for our AI friends! I know they are working on it but it’s been years…

8 Likes

A new attachment mod by Rato65 turning the UH-1H into an UH-1N (cosmetic only)

14 Likes

10 Likes

This looks amazing :+1:

13 Likes

20 Likes

Nice pose! :ajs37:

3 Likes

Eye candy cranked up with multithreading

11 Likes

Wow! VR or flat screen? And can you screenshot the settings?

2 Likes

VR. PD 1.0, OpenXR Resolution at 90%, 60-70fps on a busy multiplayer server.

12 Likes

Which headset do you use? I’ve got Quest 2 running full resolution 72Hz with DCS PD 1.0, getting about 25-34 in scenarios like that parked 190.

Reverb G2, getting around 60fps in the hangar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just playing around with today’s update. Man, this sim looks good.

14 Likes

13 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes