DCS 2.X Video Thread

Since DCS 2.8 is out and we’re starting to see videos made with it I thought I’d start a new thread pertaining to the topic.

7 Likes

This sim is just visually incredible isn’t it?

3 Likes

Apparently, PS is back playing DCS World. Best watched in 4K.

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

These guys do a real nice job with their video editing as well. Some really nice camera angles and scenery as they fight as a team against Iranian combat aircraft in the Persian Gulf.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Did they finally fix replay tracks or did you fly that from the dashcam live?

I love how the kitty sings to you. It has so many layers of sound to it. Way low in its soundscape there are some tones (deet… duut…) that reminds me of a certain type of Dutch train that does that. Some inverter or transformer makes those tones.

Nice three-wire bud. I always land short, feels weird to leave so much deck unused. Guess I need more practice.

2 Likes

There wasn’t really an improvement. But I noted a while ago, that when spawning on the catapult, tracks with Tomcats sometimes work for a short time. I assume that due to the fixed guidance of the catapult launch, some control inconsistencies related to initialization of the aircraft, are smoothed out. Tracks with air start always deviate almost immediately. But with catapult launches they sometimes work. Multiple replays of the track may be required though, until you get a good one.

Indeed the pilot’s viewpoint is on a glide path towards the end of the deck, as it is so much forward and higher than the hook. The trick is really to fully concentrate on the IFLOS and referencing the landing area only with your peripheral vision just to ensure you are on centerline. One thing that has helped me a lot was to turn off the HUD. The flight-path marked is an attention w**** and will always draw your eyes away from the ball.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem recently. Like MBot said it’s the hook-eye distance messing with our brains, especially if you’re coming from the Hornet. What’s really bizarre–for me at least–is that despite knowing this and trying to fly off the ball, in the moment I see a high ball so I spam the DLC and get a 1-wire. Then when I review my tapes, I never actually had a high ball, and I should have simply pressed on without touching the DLC. It’s like my brain is gaslighting me on the ball position.

3 Likes

Messin’ about with my old webcam and OBS.

3 Likes

The title says VR…
That guy must have a very stable head!
Looks more like regular 2D mode, with the camera offset a little to the side, to me.

He must indeed. I think he was concentrating on “outside” visuals on this particular video but everything was still filmed in VR. Here is another of his where you can see the VR aspects much more clearly.

2 Likes

Best watched in 4K. Incredible visuals.

5 Likes

Tomcat and two Hogs dealing with MANPADS all over Aleppo.

3 Likes

That was fun to watch. Hilarious thrust reverser.

1 Like

Damn…!

5 Likes