DCS 2022 and Beyond Video

So I did a wee bit off digging and it appears to be the unmodeled, as of yet, AN/AXQ-14 data link pod for the AGM 130 or GBU 15.

From today’s “2022 and Beyond” video

GBU-54 under the wing (which is a first, and wasn’t confirmed as part of the ordnance before

The AGM-130 + Datalink pod (pod model is a placeholder)

F-15E WIP Updates (NO DISCUSSION) - Page 5 - F-15E - ED Forums

1 Like

Mudhen!? ok, A6!? ok, but where are all the other birds - F1, A7, F8, Kiowa, F4U, MiG17…

I see its '22 and beyond, so should we wait till '24 for those? :wink:

or the video was about ED and its ‘close friends’ only? hmmm its titled ‘DCS 2022…’ not ‘ED 2022…’

definitely confused :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I too was hoping to see some F4U .Essex class and F8 :eye: :eye:

3 Likes

I’m with you on the Nighthawk. Would love to see it in DCS. It would be very interesting module to see in the sim, and since it doesn’t sport a radar, A/A capability, gun etc. it wouldn’t be quite complex compared to Viper or Bug. Even for MP guys it would present interesting hide-and-seek(-and-destroy) scenarios. Along with Mudhen, EF and Apache this would be one of the most anticipated modules for me.

2 Likes

I’d love to see the F-117 as well, it’s mission style fits how I like to sim. I agree with @damson, I think it’s in the sweet spot of “modern” without the system being “too” modern. The only major issue I can see with the Nighthawk is that the current EW model currently is too much of a kludge.

1 Like

It would be very niche, but I’m in! :ninja:

1 Like

F-117 to me would be about as useful as the I-16 is, or the MiG-19. Fun to do the training and some SP content once, then parked and collecting dust. I would buy it tho. Heck yea! :bat:

3 Likes

F1, Not Ready for Cinematic presentation.
A7, Also Not Ready,
F8, Even More so not ready,
Kiowa, Same as Above,
F4U, Also the same,
MiG17, was this even from an official 3rd party.

Also, many of these teams do no submit items to ED for review until they are close to ready, so just because they are steady posting screenshots on their social media, does not mean it’s anywhere near ready, let alone been submitted to ED for QA / PoC Review etc.

4 Likes

I have serious doubts that the A6 is in any sort of a ready state either…

2 Likes

The AI model may well be. It was planned as part of the F-14 package IIRC.
But yes, I have also seen the posts by Heatblur saying that among multiple modules in progress, the A-6 is supposedly the farthest away from release

did you see that F1 cinematic trailer already?

btw the video is what it is and atp it aint going to be what it aint… but it definitely offers great opportunity for someone to create the complete ‘DCS 2022 and happily ever after’ video :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thinks this will be the next best thing. I want and hope for the Fresco too. But I thinks the F-1 will be a soonest release. A6, F8, A7? Maybe 2023?

did you see where I said:

I suspect that the A-6’s avionics/mission systems will be brutally complex to model, so while I’d like to have it yesterday…I don’t really expect the flyable version anytime soon.

2 Likes

I just want the Intruder AI to be called, Cole. Or Virgil. Or Tiger.

2 Likes

I liked seeing the WWII paratrooper drop from C-47s. Hoping for C-130, Il-76 and C-5 versions. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I want a DCS: C-47 Dakota flyable module.
Make it so.

4 Likes