DCS 2022 Predictions?

Friends,…It’s that time of year when DCS Makes their Year End video with a Sneak Peak at What’s expected in the coming year.Last Year was The Apache…Before that The Viper…What are your Hopes and Guesses for 2022 DCS Modules??

2 Likes

MIG 23

But I think the module race will slow down this year and the core will get some love. Obviously the Falklands and things will be out at some point but with the new comms functionality coming I predict a real drive to get the core simulation working in exciting new ways

I think its gonna be fantastic

10 Likes

Oh that’s a fun idea for a thread :slight_smile: Yeah I’ll play!

What will be sneak-peaked? I wouldn’t be surprised but very very excited if it was the Phantom.

Why not the MiG-23, A-6 or any of the other things? Well those are 3rd party, and while ED features them in their promotional materials, they won’t put them front and center. Not even the Tomcat when that was happening.

So what modules might ED be making themselves? I wouldn’t be surprised at the Phantom. Belsimtek were working on it before the merger, and it’s a huge, very significant module historywise. With the new radar tech, ground clutter interference can be properly modelled and the time is ripe for it.

Other things ED have hinted at and might get a proper reveal are the C-130 and another helicopter. Mayhaps the UH-60?

Out in the left field is a completely new map or new map tech (whole world…)

8 Likes

Maybe we can say this year: Viper AND Apache? :smiley:

4 Likes

From the updates that are around the corner and can make into a nice video I’d say we’ll see a ton of new weather effects. Maybe some eye candy possible from the Vulkan upgrade. Maybe some better ground units they should be working on for a better apache/combined arms2/Dynamic campaign experience. Other than that I don’t predict a headliner tease such as the Phantom, unfortunately. But hey, hope I am wrong!

1 Like

All That What GIF by chelsiekenyon

6 Likes

My best guess…

There was a Interview on “AirCombat Sim Podcast” were it was said how much Nick Grey Loved The F6F…There was also an opinion poll of sorts of The Community’s view of a switch in development From The Me 262 to The HellCat for WWII kickstarter backers.

It seems ED is putting a lot of effort into WWII development with assets and Damage modeling…Maybe along with The HellCat a New Pacific Theater Map?..Iwo Jima??

My Longshot…A MH60 BlackHawk,…What better companion to The Apache in The Support role???Also…maybe could be configured to be a SH60 for Carrier ops and a SpecialForces MH60MGunship??
mh-60m-rockets

The Phantom
Who better to do a Naval variant of The Phantom than our beloved Heatblur :slight_smile: They have earned The right to do this aircraft …It would fit in perfect with The Forrestal Class Carrier and The Tomcat and A6.

7 Likes

Native OpenXR support? :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

MiG-17, A-6, and A-7E are WIPs, which goes well with @schurem and @Phantom88’s F-4 optimism. We’ve waited so long that my phantasy is that Heat Blur have secretly agreed to the task.

We know much about the South Atlantic terrain, but less about the related Razbam asset pack. That will certainly be interesting.

Then there are WIP Reflected campaigns for the UH-1, Mossie, F-4U, and Tomcat. He’s also teasing us about another campaign for the Spitfire.

For me, everything else would be a WAG.

4 Likes

WWII Pacific ops would fill a sim void that IL2 seems in no hurry to address. Honestly though, after all these many years the sim has reached a state I am content with. Predictions reflect hope. I have what I want an so I haven’t much to predict.

3 Likes

Phantom F4. Has to be!

2 Likes

Im with chip on this. Mig-17 will be my dream come true. A-7 and A-6, heck yeah. F4U… im so tired of the tease. Maybe we will see the F-8 Crusader? How many Vietnam planes do we need before we get a Vietnam map?

2 Likes

What he said ^^^, err she said. Again.

2 Likes

I would wish for full flashed Korea pack including carrier ops

6 Likes

Cheers GIF by SYFY

4 Likes

And Somehow I Think You Would Understand Battlestar Galactica GIF
SO SAY WE ALL
huh, no proper “so say we all” gif in there anymore.

4 Likes

Patrick Stewart Dancing GIF

3 Likes

I think DCS would run into the same problems as IL2 - not enough documentation on the Japanese planes to do realistically enough. IL2 are desperate to make the Pacific but want to do it to the same standard as the rest of their content and not guesstimates.

2 Likes

No…They can keep using Cleverly Disguised Focke Wulf"s…No One will ever know!! :sweat_smile: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I know there still are a few A6M Zero’s still flying…of course I’m not sure how much they’ve been Modified.

2 Likes