DCS AH-64D

For All Us CPG Lovers

3 Likes

Interesting resource that I thought I would pass along:

Gunship Academy by Richard Sheffield (flightsimbooks.com)

Found it would browsing this:

Real and Simulated Wars: DCS AH-64D Apache - Tactics Primer (kriegsimulation.blogspot.com)

4 Likes

These are great, thank you!

5 Likes
2 Likes

i looove shooting down apaches where the user blames the FCS for the sparatic flying and claim ED needs to fix it

haha .

I can fly that puppy like a warbird or hover and engage from afarā€¦ take your pick.

A2A Guns only combat was fun when we staged 1 pass fights on NTTR,

2 Likes

LOL :smiley: Iā€™m getting"Better" :grinning: at Hoveringā€¦In the first week after release I was struggling with the trim and a problem I had with RPM fluctuations.
I found my Latter problem was the result of my collective Axis not traveling full range,I was able to adjust it with the saturation settings in Axis Tune.
But stillā€¦If I need to maneuver quickly loaded with weapons and fuelā€¦Iā€™m Toast!!! :smiley:

If youā€™re in an Apache, and anything other than your targets shoots you down, it was a failure of your commander.

Apaches shouldnā€™t be flying against long range SAMs, thatā€™s what SEAD is for.
They shouldnā€™t be flying against enemy fighters, thatā€™s what fighter cover is for.

Not that I would ever fly an MP mission where someone would try to shoot me down while Iā€™m in an Apache. Iā€™d rather get a root canal.

4 Likes

to clarify, I meant Apache vs Apache

2 Likes
5 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye:

What are those strike eagles doing there?!

9 Likes

Well Hello, Strike Eagles :eyes:

1 Like

@NineLine @wagmatt Do you have any insight when the Apache will be available to trial?

1 Like

Enjoying DCS Apache. But it seems with all the anticipation not as much talk about it as Iā€™d expected. Is it the teething pains, too difficult to conquer, or yes to both? Or something else? Just curious what peopleā€™s take on it is here.

3 Likes

For me itā€™s a couple of factors : little time to spend, daunting learning cliff and too much other content that vies for my time.

5 Likes

Same here. I like looking at the apache. But I donā€™t have much fun flying it. Much prefer the Hind.

When i fly the Apache and have to page through all the MFDā€™s i think how much more fun id be having in the Harrier.

Ive reached a point with DCS modules that i have my favourites and flying others just seem like a waste of limited time.

HIND
Gazelle
Hip
Apache.
Huey

Thats a lot of content to get through before I can be bothered with the AH64

7 Likes

Hind gets my vote too ā€¦ just the right level of complexity, mixed with seat of the pants flying.
For me the apache feels a bit sterile like telling a computer how you want the helicopter to fly

4 Likes

I am looking forward greatly to getting intimate with the apache however. I think it will give the same sort of surgical experience you get operating the A-10C and itā€™s superb target systems. But until its mature and thereā€™s some SP content for it, and Iā€™m done with the other great stuff, it can sit in the back of the hangar looking menacing.

3 Likes