DCS - anyone flying tonight?

One thing we could add here that might help would be some typical ‘social gaming ids’ on people’s user profiles. That way if you wanted to let people know your discourse# or steamid etc then you just need to fill it in. When you click over a forum user’s ‘avatar circle’ then it could show it. It would allow people to say how to find each other outside of this forum.

Would that help, and would people fill those optional fields in? If there is any interest I’ll propose something in #meta and add it.

3 Likes

Never mind I can’t seem to get on the hollo pointe server so I’ll just be playing around with other places tonight never mind :relieved:

0 Likes

I think a discussion in meta would be good, see what we can come up with. :slightly_smiling_face:

I fly relatively often but at random unpredictable times so it’s hard for me to get to fly with Mudspikers but I’d love to do so.

1 Like

User Gaming Info on Forum Profiles

I’m about to pop online, send me a PM if you want to link up

1 Like

I keep getting a pure client needed message and when I click on the shield icon at the top of the server screen it says I have a texture problem with the stennis? No idea why this is

0 Likes

Have you installed any mods (now or ever)? Also, are you on the open beta?

0 Likes

Yea I disabled the skyhawk as that caused me problems before the update. Now its showing this message and not sure what do do about it

0 Likes

Huh. Now that’s puzzling…

1 Like

I got something like that using the VFA-113 LSO Mod - repair?

1 Like

Sorry for the rubbish pic I just snapped it off the tv with my phone. But it doesn’t make a lot of sense does it. I removed the a4e but maybe its popped a file into the stennis folder as well that I don’t know about

0 Likes

Do you mean in Skatezillas app @fearlessfrog?

0 Likes

Sure - Skate’s app runs the DCS command line stuff, so either use that or a

(from https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030)

2 Likes

I’ll try it. Good plan thanks guys I’ll let you know… It says successful repair to the open beta version I’m using so I’ll fire up and try it on hollo pointe

0 Likes

Bingo that was going to be my next recommendation. @Victork2 the command line stuff is fairly straightforward, although @SkateZilla’s app is very well made & user friendly too :slight_smile:

0 Likes

No that didn’t work either unfortunately

0 Likes

Does joining any server other than Hollo Pointe work?

0 Likes

Only if the integrity check requires pure clients pure textures and pure models says no to all

**possibly fixed it let me try again

0 Likes

Fixed. I deleted the offending file and ran repair again. It crashed dcs but I ran repair Again and it took a lot longer to cycle through it. I’m on hollo pointe now. Thanks guys that was great work and great help cheers!

1 Like

For anyone interested - I had created a discord server for Hollo Pointe & My back server:

All are welcome (except spambots)!

1 Like

DCS F-14 Tomcat Launch Impressions MEGATHREAD

for Pure Client Issues, I recommend running CLEAN first, then REPAIR.

3 Likes