DCS: F-14 Tomcat: Jester AI LANTIRN Tutorial

3 Likes
3 Likes

Calling @Chaz, have you tried this with VAICOM yet? Iā€™ve yet to get the Jester Options command to bring up the Jester wheel menu as stated on page 49 of the manual.

Figured it out. Looking at the VA log, it was interpreting Jester as gesture, so I switched to the phrase, ā€œRIO optionsā€, which worked. Now someone needs to do a video, hint hint :wink:

1 Like

" @chipwich, youā€™ll get your RIO when you get to the ship. And if you donā€™t, give me a call. Iā€™ll fly with you." :sunglasses:

ā€œJesterā€¦ Lester?!.. Festerā€¦ Chester!!.. Pester!!! ā€¦ā€ (oh the joys of voice recognition software)

This is on my radar for a video demo. The VAICOM developer recently stated he will update the commands list to include all of the new LANTIRN commands so I think Iā€™ll wait for that release. Then there will be no need to the Jester options wheel.

2 Likes

Been a while but Iā€™ve had the most joyful experience of flying the Cat withā€¦Iā€™ll just call him ā€œBobā€ for nowā€¦on a CAS mission and never having to touch the ā€˜wheelā€™.

Iā€™ve long forgotten all the commands. With the Apache coming Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be even longer. But it all keeps me off the streets at night :slight_smile:

Haha, anytime I have that happen I add it as an alias (I think thatā€™s what itā€™s called).
So like, Jester, Gesture, Duster, etc all do the same thing.

Also definitely get the Jester kneeboards, with all the commands organized nicely.

1 Like

Thanks Phantom88. Trickerā€™s videos are usually entertaining. Looking forward to flying this mission. Off of cat 4, didnā€™t he want to make a left clearing turn? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like