DCS F-15C Combat Guide for Beginners

:joy:
Yeah letā€™s Page @Sryan

1 Like

Hey @magnetic333 ! Welcome to Mudspike indeed! Iā€™m verry sorry to hear the images are not working. Iā€™ll let the website administrators know that for some reason that content is missingā€¦ @staff

While we wait for them, allow me point you to the PDF version of my guide that you can download from the Eagle Dynamics website. Thank you very much and enjoy!

Fantastic idea! I just need a target dummy for certain scenariosā€¦ :smiling_imp: But in all seriousness, an update to modern standards is certainly a nice idea.

1 Like

Thanks for fast reply ! Happy for your link because pdf files is perfect for me ! Thanks very much !

1 Like

For this Iā€™d be more than happy to oblige :salute:

2 Likes

Reporting for duty!

2 Likes

Just 2 more victimsvolunteers for the TWS tutorial then! :laughing:

1 Like

Hello? Who pushed the magic @staff button? :slight_smile:

I see the article and the broken images. If you click on them, they still work (open in a blank page that shows them), but maybe the ā€˜previewā€™ plugin is out of date or something. I will try to take a look later today, unless someone else gets to it before me.

3 Likes

@Sryan you should join us in @schuremā€™s fight club. We are ALL target dummies

1 Like

I will! Once I revive my G2 (it was a stillborn :cry: It worked at @whareagleā€™s place but Iā€™m battling error 4-1 since they day I have it.)

2 Likes

Have you rang the Amsterdam HP call center? They did OK by me. Took me four or five calls, but in the end I got it sorted.

1 Like

I think itā€™s because the article hotlinks the preview images straight from the forum topic it was taken from, and the optimized versions (smaller than the originals) has had its path changed as we upgraded the forum over the years. The article should have the images uploaded direct to the articles site, from the main ones link to the forum and resaved - thatā€™ll fix it I think.

3 Likes

I have been slowly moving changing them. It will take some time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good ideaā€¦ Havenā€™t tried. I dunno if they have any willingness to help since mine is second hand.

Thanks to @Fridge for fixing all of those images - now looks good. :+1:

3 Likes

Sweet. I checked them this morning and they were not working for me but I was at work and had other priorities :-).

4 Likes

Thank you for the hard work guys, some R&R is in order :beers:

1 Like

Excellent guide! Quick question though, How does Autopilot work in the 15C? I canā€™t for the life of me figure it out. I have how ever got very good at trimming the aircraft lol

IIRC it doesnā€™t really have in the sense of it following a route, setting altitude etc. It basically just stabilizes the AC in roll, pitch, and yaw, so it flies where itā€™s pointed, how itā€™s pointed (well until it runs of smash and departs).

After a few years of absence I have translated this guide correctly I hope into French. Thank you for allowing me to distribute it. May I ?

4 Likes

If you put in that I published the original one here, then absolutely! Thanks for taking the time to translate my work! I hope it will make plenty of French speaking virtual aviators happy.

3 Likes