DCS F-16: why I like/dis-like the next ED module

I can only assume the amount of people an F-16 will bring into the DCS world. I know @near_blind cant wait for it. I think he said he would willingly forgo his tomcat for an F-16

12 Likes

I know someone that would forgo everyone’s F16s and F14s for one F111. :laughing:

7 Likes

Time to break out this one from the stash of model kits…

9 Likes

I’m confused…should we or shouldn’t we become unduly upset when the F-16 isn’t released before the Mig-19? :spoon: (for stirring the pot) :laughing:

1 Like

OK… I’m totally ready for some WIP screenshots of the F-16C. Bring 'em on! I saw F-16 news and thought we might get some this time :smile:

Obligatory, “Language Warning: It’s Dos Gringos”.

9 Likes

We were worried for everyones safety, not sure everyone could have handled that much all at once :wink:

6 Likes

If they make a Viper to same fidelity as the Hornet…

…I need a cigarette

4 Likes

… And they will, two weeks be sure,

Just a cigarette won’t do.

blurred to keep the kid’s eyes shielded if needed

5 Likes

I am sure this will be an excellent module that will be highly appreciated by the many Viper fans, but this just leaves me completely cold. Looks like a lot of color displays, GPS and data links. An F-16A for some pure dogfighting over the upcoming Beqaa Valley map would have done it for me, but with the Hornet I have all my (rather limited) MFD-era fighter needs covered. No hard feelings though, as there is no shortage of interesting aircraft in DCS.

4 Likes

I have said that all along… An early A would’ve been perfect. That said, I feel confident I will enjoy the C version as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I too would have preferred a block 15 A model hotrod dumb bomb slinging, aim-9 winging viper, but i’ll take the gizmo’s, sure thing boss.

2 Likes

If you are not excited about the Viper coming to DCS, then we probably can’t be friends.

4 Likes

I Can take or leave the viper to be honest. It will be a welcome addition to be sure for most people but I’m just not that excited by it. Not saying it doesn’t deserve to be in dcs as that would be silly but personally In my imaginary plane hanger the viper wouldn’t be near the front shall we say. Its the same with the hornet if I’m being totally truthful. Not knocking them at all at and don’t wouldn’t want to take them away from the fans of them but my heart lies elsewhere :wink:

1 Like

F-111_-_F-111A_carrying_24_x_500lb_bombs_at_low_level

Count those bombs… Mmm count them!

9 Likes

In that config, the wings couldn’t move, could they?

1 Like

Hard to tell in that pic. Only the outermost pylons did not swivel IIRC

2 Likes

Yeah its essentially an a6 with a nose job :nose::joy::joy:

4 Likes

downloadfile-2

4 Likes

Which still manages to look bad! :laughing:

2 Likes