DCS F/A-18C

Yes, it’s on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mxhEl1B0Y&t=0s

10 Likes

3 Likes

What the Harrier does at 400 kts, the Hornet does at 700. Too bad Matt had to drop the BSG soundtrack :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mind you that track bore the portentous name “reuniting the fleet” :smiley:

3 Likes

Hornet Mini-Update 11-12-2017

ED Forum post link: here

As we continue working on the Hornet’s system needed for a proper cold start video, I’ve put together this little video that shows off the Hornet flying around the updated Caucasus map for DCS World 2.5.

We are at the point that we are satisfied with the caution and advisories for the startup video. They will not be 100% complete, but all the major indications are now in. Last week I wrote the voice over script and handed it over to a couple Hornet pilots to review. While they are pleased with it, they noticed a few missing items. There are several items like setting up the ZTOD and FLBIT that are not mentioned in the NATOPS checklist, but we want to include to be thorough.
Also, for the next video, we plan for it to be more extensive and include pre-flight, startup, taxi, and takeoff.

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy this video.

This is tied to the video post above.

3 Likes

Here’s the original video (that was posted on facebook) that was taken down from YT due to copyrighted BSG music possibly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQzrxKvWIQ

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: On the Pros and Cons of Using Facebook to Distribute Videos

Short update from Wags…
"_"Just a short note today:

As of today, we are at the point where enough of the Hornet systems are functional to make a great, authentic Hornet startup video. I’m starting to create this video today. It will take a few days to complete the video.

Thanks!"_

5 Likes

If it takes Wags to start the Hornet few days how long it will take us? :smile:

5 Likes

twenty minutes give or take alignment time.

1 Like

Hes been hyping a start up video for like 3 months, will probably take 6 or 7 minutes to start with the checklist, and then I’ll reduce it to a 30 second - flip 4 switches and roll start up. Just please give me the INS auto align option.

Maybe he wants to talk a little about the systems, how development has been going, etc… he generally doesnt make hack vids.

3 Likes

I dig it. The Hornet’s an interesting beast: simple and functional on the surface but with immense depth upon further prodding.

3 Likes

i heard the bitchin betty in the last video too, interested to see what all beeps and buzzes it makes.

2 Likes

I think it will be so in depth system wise…It’s Buzzes will make Beeps!!! :smile::smile:

So uh, what’s going on with the loadout in this image? I’ve never seen a USN Hornet carrying triple ejector racks, much less the 6xs.

6x’s… testing for the new module guess.

11 Likes

BRU 42/A (3 Points) and 41/A (6 Points) were used on the Hornet

Yeah, but I think @near_blind’s point is ”USN” Hornet.
Not certified for carrier ops, perhaps?

USMC Units I know for sure have them, and they do have those Racks on the ships.