DCS F/A-18C

Stunning sounds Bunyap, thanks for sharing.

https://youtu.be/0VWtOOdkncI?t=4m46s

really cool cruise video here, although i think most of them are Super’s. My favorite part for some reason is the slow-mo bomb release. First time I’ve seen the mechanism slow enough to see how it works. Pretty cool.

From Wags…“MK-83 Love”

3 Likes

2 Likes

that mountain is weird. What would cause mountains that look like a pond that had a rock thrown in and then flash frozen?

also that gif up there… lol!

What’s more interesting to me is, what theater is that? It looks like NTTR, but there’s a large body of water in the distance. Is that Lake Mead?

It’s hormuz 28°32’50.05N 51°29’20.93E

1 Like

26.667569, 57.227288

Last night I was my third night with Win10. Its the best flying I have ever done. My fresh PC is just zinging DCS and getting beautiful images in VR. When I record something I look at it on the screen (Not in VR). The images are outstanding.
I spent some time last week getting 2.5 ready. I cant even imagine what the new Caucuses will be like. Cant wait.
By the way, that’s not a mountain, its a meteor strike.

Meteor strike?

Ah! Didn’t see @Maico’s reply there. :slight_smile:

Got any more info on that, I been googling around and can’t find anymore info.

17 Likes

Oh that was beautiful. That languid guitar and just enjoying slowly tearing up that river. Thanks!

W O W !!! L@@king Marvolous!! That Speedtree Tech looks to really help with ground hugging fast movers!!

twomoreweeks, twomoreweeks, twomoreweeks…

3 Likes

That has got to be one of the prettiest flightsim videos ever…!
Did ED find a way to plant real trees in DCS? Just look at the shadow projecting on the treetops! Amazing!

Speedtrees, I hope they get picked up for Normandy, they look wonderful.

5 Likes

Agree with that, enough to even write in italics! Would love Normandy with SpeedTree.

That music was very relaxing, up until the AAARRGGGHH WE GUNNA DIE!! point :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Time for a mini-update!

Most of the team has been on the Russian new year’s holiday the past 10 days, but work will resume in full force on Tuesday. We are in sprint mode now to bring the Early Access build of the Hornet to release status as soon as we can.

As mentioned before, much of the current work revolves around tuning the flight model / Flight Control System (FCS), weapon integration (SMS page, HUD, and objects), the air-to-air radar, the INS system to support waypoints, and whole lotta systems and sound tuning.

Once more weapons come online, we’ll be showing them off and their delivery modes. Our art team is also working on some new skins that we should be showing off soon. Today we have an image of LAU-61 rocket pods and ZUNI rockets for the Hornet.

For the next Hornet academic video, we’ll dive into the HUD, Upfront Controller (UFC), and Integrated Fuel and Engine Indicator (IFEI).

Thanks,
Matt “Wags” Wagner
Senior Producer

5 Likes

you misspelled months

2 Likes