DCS F/A-18C

But you don’t look like Sean Young…

2 Likes

What? No! You can only have one of these:

4 Likes

Kiowa would be such a cool addition. Especially with collidable trees - it would have been a frustrating play before those…but now, oh la la!

2 Likes

This off-field capability only works in conjunction with the russian skin, right?

2 Likes

Haha…yeah, and there is a Go Pro camera mounted on the canopy bow…!

All Hail @SkateZilla’s mad paint skillz!

CAG1

13 Likes

This morning’s EA update has made the F/A-18C stick to the deck perfectly. This has been an evolution over the past few weeks. When we first got the module, it was sliding all over the deck. Last week, an update made it far less noticeable, but it was still there. This morning…it looks legit right.

3 Likes

AIM-7s are tracking and working this morning…!! I haven’t fully tested…but the radar is maintaining lock, the missiles are tracking, the ASE dot or whatever seems to be in the right spot, and I’m killing things…

8 Likes

… awesome! And I found out how to make the game play the top gun anthem on a trigger :sunglasses:

3 Likes
2 Likes

And not sure if HOJ is working yet or not…

Did the 7 have HOJ? I recall the 120 having it (but it never worked because the AI always knew when a HOJ shot was taken and they’d switch off their jammer just long enough to spoof it) but I don’t remember ever hearing the Sparrow had that.

I have 99 problems and this Hornet’s one…

3 Likes

Steering dot, ASE circle

Yes

1 Like

I am really hoping this fix makes its way to the Tarawa as well.

4 Likes

I saw some funky stuff on reddit about being able to zoom allll the way in, see the carrier in the mission editor, and place statics on it. You seen any of that?

1 Like

You can see the carrier in the mission editor now, at least in PG- did that last night when I was putting one docked in Jebel Ali. Not sure about the statics yet though.

1 Like

These on on my Short List, and may be among the packs I release on the 30th.

The Ones I’m doing first I have enough material to re-draw the stencils from scratch for Sqn Logos etc.
And they never really flew Legacy Hornets, so it gives me some freedom to modify the livery a little.

The order of groups I work on is based off reference material.
And VFA-25/VFA-113 has Enough material, it’s just a matter of deciding which one I want to do for the CO/XO Slots.

4 Likes

Moving Map!
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3495611#post3495611

4 Likes

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3495845&postcount=58

Hi everyone,

We are in the final push now and very much on track for the 30th! Recently, we’ve been completing the last items we want for the early access release:

1- Almost done with the moving map, we just need to add text outlines to make the text more visible.
2- Almost all HUD symbology for early access weapons is now in place and functional.
3- Radar-directed AA Gun, AIM-9, and AIM-7 is implemented.
4- Waypoint designated target (TGT) point is now implemented for AUTO bombing.
5- EW page / ALE functions are functional and most audio tones have been enabled. ASPJ though will come after early access launch.
6- Our last task is implementing HUD designation of a TGT point. Almost done, but a few items to finish up.
7- The Hornet Early Access Guide is still in work and will probably be released with the game on the 30th.

Thanks,
Matt “Wags” Wagner
Senior Producer

6 Likes