DCS F/A-18C

I think Wags recently (within the past 48 hours) commented something to the effect that they’ve developed a relationship (I’m not sure what kind) with Boeing while doing the F/A-18C, and that perhaps they could build on that relationship moving forward (I’m paraphrasing because I don’t know where exactly it was said)…

5 Likes

As a matter of fact. I think I read that ED got Boeing to provide them the exact warning/caution recordings for the Hornet.

3 Likes

Could be some good news, then. On the other hand, they don’t sell F/A-18Cs anymore.

The Navy doesn’t fly -18Cs anymore, they weren’t the only customer for the Legacy.

2 Likes

He said that in one of the videos, yes.
I think it was the full startup vid. With some YouTuber named… “Crash” or something.

1 Like

Wow, that sounds great!

Did the Blue Angels switch to the -E (I know it was planned…)?

2 Likes

Rebuilding new airframes isn’t quite the same as building and selling new ones.

I’d imagine if you paid Boeing enough money, they might make you new legacy bugs, but last I checked they don’t have a line open for them – just the super bug.

Posted earlier.

Of course, then there’s the whole “do you get a Longbow or just an 80s/90s era A model”.

It would be a perfect balance to the Ka-50 to get the A, but after playing the Jane’s sims I really prefer the Longbow radar for the LOAL shots over a ridge.

They Navy still operates Legacy Hornets, they are just no longer being deployed, they are being phased out rapidly to send parts to Cecil Field for the USMC C+ Program.

1 Like

…because someone on Reddit implied the Hornet couldn’t do off-field ops like a Mustang…

5 Likes

All USA Lines were converted to SH Block III, Not sure if the Export Lines in other countries still have the tooling.

This is possible with the SAL HELLFIRE too. You just either need someone else to designate or to pop up and designate in the terminal phase.

Oh…oh…me…me…me!

8 Likes

But you don’t look like Sean Young…

2 Likes

What? No! You can only have one of these:

4 Likes

Kiowa would be such a cool addition. Especially with collidable trees - it would have been a frustrating play before those…but now, oh la la!

2 Likes