DCS F/A-18C

It should be effective against (old) armor as the submunition has HEAT warheads.

I’ve found them useless on armor. Troops, trucks, and AAA are another matter. Tanks are pretty hard to kill. A Mk83 within about 20 yards usually does it.

Cue @Bogusheadbox, a photo of an F-111, and the term “tank plinking”…

Schwarzkopf: “Tell them not to call it ‘tank plinking’!”

Horner: "That’s the surest way to get them to call it ‘tank plinking.’ "

4 Likes

And as if like magic…

HIghway of death video it looks like some cluster munitions just missed their mark.

LOLz

7 Likes

they still seem to be landing short for me aswell … probably somthing i am doing ( or not doing ) … oh well back to the unlimited ammo testing :grin:

yup, most landed short for me but some also hit right on the dot. guess its complicated altitude, dive angle, speed, wind.

1 Like

On stable branch (with Harrier), Mk20s are pretty sensitive to drop angle. If you’re not really steep, you need to drop just behind your target to get the cluster in the right place.

2 Likes

Rockeye is a pretty old weapon. The do well against soft skin targets like trucks and HUMVEEs and older Soviet armor stuff (for which they were designed). But today’s armor? Not so much.

They are also a good “finish off” weapon–a coup de grâce as it were–after hitting a smaller ship (OSA II, TARANTUL III) with something else like Harpoon, HARM, Maverick, etc. They can usually penetrate at least the main deck deck - start fires, kill sailors that are trying to do damage control, that and of thing…but that is Real World…I doubt even DCS is that detailed…still might be worth a try.

30 posts were split to a new topic: Sinking Ships/Anti-Surface-Warfare discussion (with DCS World 2.5 examples)

Thought that the sinking ships/Anti-Surface-Warefare discussion deserved it’s own thread :slight_smile:

8 Likes

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3561460&postcount=66

Here are some items that have been resolved internally and will be coming in a later update:

1- Aircraft no longer slide on the carrier deck, at any carrier speed.
2- STT track will not switch lock uncommanded.
3- RADAR SIL and STBY mode has been implemented.
4- RWR display logic has been further improved, with critical threat lines added.
5- Option on ME to select single or ripple release (was not in fact merged for last update)
6- DUD cue added for when HT or fuze setting is below current aircraft AGL.

4 Likes

I’ve been increasingly noticing an issue where aircraft parked in close proximity to each other in multiplayer will rubber-band into one another causing damage. Does this address that, or would that problem be more in the network latency side of things?

That sounds more like a net issue, this is simple they aircraft sliding around the deck because of the speed of the carrier, BUT maybe it will help if the aircraft are holding their position properly, so do report back if it helps.

1 Like

Sometimes they rubber band vertically also, only seen it happen on land (PG). Like the plane is bouncing on a trampoline 500 ft through the air and back down. When they are rubber banding on the ship, you can see them moving on the F10 map also, pretty weird.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think this is in any relation to bouncing planes.

1 Like

Any idea if A/A WYPT functionality and cursor BRA/Bullseye are in the works?

2 Likes

List has been updated:

Here are some items that have been resolved internally and will be coming in a later update:

1- Aircraft no longer slide on the carrier deck, at any carrier speed.
2- STT track will not switch lock uncommanded.
3- RADAR SIL (radar silence) and STBY mode has been implemented.
4- RWR display logic has been further improved, with critical threat lines added.
5- Option on ME to select single or ripple release (was not in fact merged for last update)
6- DUD cue added for when HT or fuze setting is below current aircraft AGL.
7- RWS page SET and weapon and count added when a weapon is in priority.
8- Now possible to display fuel quantity on the IFEI by placing the battery to ON and setting the engine crank switch to R.

6 Likes

That should have been an easy fix…just replace the nonskid on the carrier’s flight deck…what?! That’s what we always dod when the deck got too oily and we started having crunches…just say’n.

3 Likes

How long did this take in real life and with how many hands?

I wonder if we compare the man hours who comes up in front :slight_smile:

1 Like

Several days, working around the clock (five or more IIRC), and all of them.

1 Like