DCS: F100 Super Sabre D

There’s a deep list of books on the air warfare part alone (my book shelf of that era sags a bit).

Start with ‘Thud Ridge’. Jack Broughton I think was the author…yup, amazon for $11.00 paperback. “On Yankee Station” for the Navy side.

5 Likes

Now, someone give me a CF-100. I must have all of the early jets.

3 Likes

There’s even a comic book on Misty Missions with dual seater F-100F out there, quite entertaining! [Edit]: Also Bury Us Upside Down on the subject of Misty Missions was a great read as a regular book.

The F-100 in Arma 3 Unsung and now SOG PF are also quite nice for the limited capability of arma 3 fixed wing flight models :slight_smile:

And agreed, flying the Hun in SF was a blast.

Cheers,
TeTeT

2 Likes

2 Likes

Have about 12 million hours in the F-100A/C/D/F in SF and was generally a go to jet - mainly because they were so poor compared to the MiGs in close in A-A and you could pretend to be John Boyd for a bit.

Interesting to see what they do with it was there were some quirks with the real thing at high alpha that might leave you gritting your teeth.

2 Likes

Ditto. I’m very anxious to fight the 17 in a Phantom or the Hun. The little buggers are supposed to be incorrigible!

When I was but 6 months old, dad had a nasty time with one that I posted about in 2017.

9 Likes

Ive been good… please?
F-100D-truck-launch
Promise i wont abuse it…

7 Likes

Omg! Crazy

Do you know what versions he flew?

1300+ hours in the D as far as I can tell.

3 Likes

10 years and 2 studios later the Hun finally gets official.

3 Likes

Are you involved in that? Didn’t you have something like that in the works?

1 Like

Excellent…heavier than A/C but the flaps gave them better low speed handling according to another ex Hun flyer.

1 Like

not involved this time around, I have other priorities.

1 Like

The develop pics:

2 Likes

Coming Summer of 2026!

be positive!! or we won’t get updates!!!

Honestly I didn’t realize that was snark, I took it as excitement. Based on the WIP pics and the development cycle of a module, I guess 2026 felt realistic to me. I don’t know if they’ve actually announced an expected release date somewhere, but I wouldn’t expect it before 2025… is that unreasonable, considering the amount of work that goes into an aircraft?

(Totally sincere, no sarcasm or knocking ED or anyone else intended in this post.)

3 Likes

It really depends on the experience and time available per week that the devs have, and of course the module complexity.
But generally I think 2-5 years of active development to early access release is what we see

1 Like

No no @Maico wasnt being snarky, he was being funny. Standing DCS joke!

I was just attempting the same thing and failing :upside_down_face:

3 Likes