DCS Hornet: 8 JDAM/JSOW (TOO) TGP in 1 pass Tutorial

Current procedure as of 2.5.6.47404

*This procedure is valid in Open Beta 2.5.6.49798… Be advised the HUD and FLIR have received some upgrades so things will look slightly different, but TOO coordinates management remain unchanged. The good news is the TGP does not stow itself after pressing undesignate- it stays on the last target.

15 Likes

Excellent Tutorial Thanks!!

2 Likes

Good stuff.

I can imagine how basic it is nowadays. Do modern MFDs use touch screens?

Yes. The F-35 does, atleast. I believe the very latest super hornet modification does as well.

Supers have a touchscreen UFCD that can be used as an additional DDI (kinda), block 3 jets are supposed to get the new display.

2 Likes

Tested this procedure in the latest Open Beta hotfix. 2.5.6.49798 (and the 2 previous versions .49718 and 49314) … Still works. And even better, the TGP does not stow itself after pressing undesignate. It will stay on the last target which makes it easier to readjust the camera to watch bomb impact.

Can I ask here how to use the laser in the hornet :thinking:

You must be in AG mode with the pod on, the LTD/R switch must be ARM (requires the prior two).

Laser is automatic unless you box the “TRIG” osb, which gives manual control via trigger.

Make sure to set the codes on weapons and TGP.
LTDC is your code (laser target designator code) and LSTC is what to look for on buddy lazing (laser spot tracker code).

After a successful auto lase, the LTD/R switch turns itself off - make sure to turn on again before next pass.

2 Likes

Btw, the above Hornet TOO method for multi jdam ripple no longer works in the current version of DCS. The targeting pod received significant upgrades over the summer changing how the targets are designated. However, the current procedure that does work is nearly identical to the video. I have debated whether to make a new video- I’m hesitant because it could change again (It’s changed at least twice since last year).

As an alternative, you can now set mark points and ripple 8 JDAMs. It’s not as efficient, but works. Of course, this could change in the future, but considering it’s very similar to the A-10 and F-16 mark point method, which is very simplistic, I’m hoping this doesn’t change.

1 Like