DCS Huey missing textures?

Hi fellas,
I’m not sure what is going on w my UH-1. The outside and co pilot are looking like patchwork of light and dark green. The pit is fine and the aircraft is flyable. I have too many modules to reinstall. My DCS has never looked better too. I really dont want to reinstall DCS. I have twice tried reinstalling UH-1. That did not fix it.
Please advice on a possible fix.

Thank you for reading.

Maico

1 Like

It was an known issue when they changed the data structure in the Huey liveries.
To fix it there’s a small typing t do in desription.lua…
I can provide a fix as soon as I’m home- in 8 hours.
Or you can try and google-fu the ED forums.

You rock. I’ll stand by. Google failed me in this

1 Like

:wink: Don’t worry, I’ve got this…
I was hit hard as the Huey was the first module I made quite some skins with so- many complained.

2 Likes

First fixing test:

1. look for texture files called *.bmp.dds or *.tga.dds and rename them to *.dds
  2. in the description.lua then rename anything referring to “*.bmp” (or *.tga) by removing the ‘.bmp/tga’

also

uh1_tail_spec.bmp.dds was changed to uh1_tail_spec.dds- and therefore the skin MOD cannot find the correct file.

and

Note the .dds extension is omitted in the description.lua text so uh1_tail_spec = uh1_tail_spec.dds.

PSA: all comes from this thread. Corrupted textures on 2.5.4 - Bugs and Problems - ED Forums

2 Likes

Wow, I should have asked sooner. She is a beauty once again.

THANK YOU for your Help!

1 Like

It’s cool. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nicely done @komemiute. 023

Wheels

1 Like

I’m learning to pull for powah :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Only way to helicopter.

1 Like

But muscle memory is a female Dog! Best exercise for this I found is going between the 2 oil platforms in the Quick mission. I saved it as a daytime fair weather mission and I am having a good time with this.

I prefer to say its more of a born out of wedlock male child

1 Like

Thanks for this, I thought the change to polished metal skins had broken old liveries for good.

2 Likes

I wanted to stop in and say a Special Thanks to @komemiute for spinning up his Supersonic Donkey Cart and getting me back in the Huey. No More Missing textures. See first post. The ride this week has been nothing short of incredible. So Thanks Bud!
I started out by editing the Platform landing quick mission. I put in better weather and made it daytime. I quickly realized there was another platform nearby. Flying from platform to platform made regain some control of the Beast and soon I was landing with more precision than ever. I moved on to the Easy ground attack mission and now I am editing that with more vehicles and AAA to “teach” myself to be more deadly from a distance. I have added some wingmen and I am coming in feet wet for that “Flight of the Valkyries” feeling.
Before I forget, Pulling for Powah has become a reality for me. It was tough to overcome muscle memory, but I am doing it now. Thanks for the encouragement, Oh Yeah!

3 Likes

Congratz man! :slight_smile:
Can’t wait to share the sky with another Huey Pilot. :smiley:

You might be a low ping away from me. I’m in Qatar. Are you in Italy?

1 Like

Aye aye!

I just noticed the other day that the AI gunners on your wingman will now engage enemy units as well! I was doing a little convoy hunting and heard a lot of shooting, it wasn’t my crew, so I looked over at my wing man who was lighting something up with the M60s on the side lol

1 Like

I got a similar surprise in 1946 (HSFX 7.03) just last night. I was testing a mission with B-25’s dropping para frag bombs at low level on an airfield and suddenly I saw tracers flying by my cockpit. I was in a Zero fighter on the runway to watch their drop from the ground and the nose gunners in the B-25’s were trying to light me up. Lol, thankfully the 4 of them couldn’t shoot straight, although their parafrags did a number on the airfield.

Wheels

2 Likes

Let’s do it