LOL…classic… Love it!
DUXFORD, UK, October 1st, 2015 – DCS: L-39 Albatros Open Beta Now Available!
Download from: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co…ules/albatros/
The L-39 Albatros is a low-wing, high-performance jet aircraft that
doubles as a trainer and light attack aircraft. The Albatros was
developed in Czechoslovakia in the 1960s to replace older L-29 jet
trainers. Powered by an Ivchenko AI-25TL turbofan engine, the L-39 has a
top speed of Mach 0.80, a service ceiling of 11,000 m (36,100 feet),
and can pull up to 8 G. Although primarily used as a trainer and light
attack aircraft, the L-39 has also become popular with several aerial
acrobatics demonstration teams.
Being a trainer aircraft, the L-39C has a tandem cockpit with the
student in front and the instructor in the back. The instructor has
several controls to mimic system failures to test the student. The L-39C
also has two underwing pylons for bombs, rockets and close range
air-to-air missiles. For decades, the L-39 was used by nations around
the world to train pilots that later went on to fly aircraft like the
MiG-29 and Su-27.
A later evolution of the L-39 was the L-39ZA light attack aircraft. The
ZA adds two additional weapon pylons and a center pylon to mount a gun
pod. The ZA has proved a popular choice for low-intensity conflicts. The
L-39ZA will be available later during the Open Beta.
Key features of the DCS: L-39 Albatros:
• Professional Flight Model that accurately mimics the performance and flight characteristics of this legendary trainer
• Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit
• Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse
• Fully modelled weapon systems
• Accurate L-39C and L-39ZA models with correct country markings
• Detailed modelling of the L-39 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical and hydraulic systems
• Fly from either the front seat or back seat
• Planned cooperative multiplayer in the same aircraft (not available at release)
Please note that DCS: L-39 Albatros requires the newly released 1.5 Open
Beta version of DCS World. You can download the DCS World 1.5 Open Beta
About DCS World
Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) World is a free-to-play digital
battlefield, focusing on military aircraft simulation. It includes a
FREE TF-51D and an Su-25T attack aircraft. DCS World includes a vast
mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia -
the location of the 2008 conflict. Further maps will be available in
2015. Additionally, DCS World includes:
• Powerful mission and campaign editors
• Massive inventory of air, land and sea combat units and weapons
• Advanced AI
• Fast mission generator
• Dynamic weather and seasons
• Training missions
• Mission replay system
• Pilot logbook
This exceptionally detailed and realistic world simulation engine
guarantees an engaging, real-world combat experience in this flashpoint
region. DCS is a true “sandbox” simulation that can and will cover
multiple time periods using many types of aircraft and ground vehicles.
DCS World allows both realistic gameplay and more casual play styles to
suit the player.
Download DCS World for free from: www.dcs-world.com