DCS Landing trainer

Ok thanks everyone Alls good now did a clean and repair (and didnt lose my other files). STILL DID NOT FIND WHAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM but know how to overcome it. Maybe my fault that I didnt read the “whole” manual. Cheers AHAB

1 Like

Nearly called in the Red Cross.

1 Like

Clean and repair are command line arguments to the DCS_Updater.exe application. There are no separate files, though the entries are created in the start menu upon installation
That is also what Skatezilla’s UI uses under the hood

Here is my “working” mission complete with red “my aircraft” a cross not a shield/badge. Strange eh.

1 Like

Do you want me to just send you a .miz file with what you want? It wont take long

1 Like

Nice of you to offer but I have it working now. Just sorting the distance,height,speed for approach. Am doing an approach from the sea,looks different from a land approach. Also had a mod to reduce cockpit glare before my PC WIN10 install, I have it somewhere,just having fun at the moment.Tell me I UL a screenshot of my mission with aircraft position indicated by a RED CROSS symbol, do you have the same or a shield. Cheers

That is strange. Silly question, but what’s your zoom range? No, I take that back…I just altered a mission and it seems the icons stay the same for me no matter what.

Also, I’m running the Beta version, not the release version. Don’t know if it makes any difference.

3:1 is a good ratio for you for your calculations. 300ft of altitude per nautical mile of distance from the runway.

Incidentally, I don’t think you need to add any waypoints beyond the one you spawn over. After all, you are the one who’s going to fly it.

@Victork2. Now why didn’t I think of that? :laughing:

2 Likes

Wait if the lines are in red, doesn’t that mean that he’s of one coalition and the plane selected for the mission is of the enemy coalition?

2 Likes

Good point. I personally didn’t seem to be able to find the Su-25 when I was on the Blue side. But that would explain a few things

1 Like

Actually the lines are Yellow when dragging but turn Red when I have finished.

1 Like

Only worked for me when I added a waypoint ???.

Could be difference in Stable and Beta ???

1 Like

I swear there was no fence 20mtrs after the end of the runway last night.

Exactly what I mean- they should be blue when finished and yellow when selected.

EDIT: could you post a complete screenshot of the mission editor?

1 Like

Editor snapshot .Turns red when finished ?.

1 Like

Can I see the “Coalition” menu?

Ok made my first landing at Batumi, now for a couple of Vodkas and a see whats on Tv news.

2 Likes

:rofl: :+1:

Congratulations!

1 Like

Coalition, need own flag to join.

1 Like

Clients/players can fly for both red and blue coalition (you capitalist pig! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

So it shouldn’t be a problem.

DCS UI supports two different icon sets: NATO and Warshaw Pact icons. You can switch somewhere along the top of the ME, “View” menu perhaps?

Either way this should not cause issues

4 Likes