DCS: Liberation

DCS Liberation 3.0.0 is now live: Release 3.0.0 · dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation · GitHub

Saves from 2.5.x are not compatible.

Highlights:

• Refreshed map UI using high resolution satellite imagery (and draggable waypoints)
  • A logistics system for ground units
  • Persistent squadrons and pilots
  • More meaningful strike targets
  • Improved auto purchase behavior
  • Customizable mission length
  • Loadout customization overhaul
  • More control over automated mission planning behavior
  • Improved DCS AI tasking
  • New kneeboard pages for support assets and target information
  • Overhauled campaign design, with more control given to designers

Many incompatible campaigns were removed from 3.0, but the community (thank you!) contributed many new ones as well. Every campaign takes work to maintain. If you want to see Liberation include more campaigns by default, you can volunteer as a maintainer: Campaign maintenance · dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation Wiki · GitHub

See the changelog for more details: dcs_liberation/changelog.md at develop-3.x · dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation · GitHub

2 Likes

has anyone successfully set up a multiplayer server with DCS Liberation?

1 Like

Sure @BeachAV8R set one up to run and iron out bugs. There is a whole thread dedicated to it. I will go rummage, see if I can get you a link. And welcome
,…DCS Liberation - #94 by apollon01

2 Likes

Do the non-Steam and Steam versions of DCS work with one another for multiplayer? All my DCS content I bought years ago before DCS moved to Steam, and have been waiting for years for a dynamic campaign to come out before I dive further in. This looks like a nice start. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums, I am pretty sure both versions of the game IE steam v standalone will work together otherwise the community would have been keen to let everyone know. I don’t know if you can get the open beta on steam though. Never had cause to find out
:blush:

Yes you can, right click and choose beta. What you can not do however, is bring standalone modules to ateam and vice versa. You can transfer them put of steam to standalone but that’s a one-time thing.