DCS Mariana Islands Map

Quite a bit from today’s newsletter :slightly_smiling_face: Here’s the recap

Free Marianas Island Map

A-10C Warthog 2 (dramatic visual and systems upgrade). Available to existing Warthog owners at a significant discount.

KA-50 Black Shark 2: Free cockpit upgrade

KA-50 Black Shark 3. Available to BS2 owners at a significant discount.

P-47D in final stages. ED plans to release a new WW2 Europe map to coincide with the P-47D

New Warbird: De Haviland Mosquito FB MK.VI

Mi-24P Hind to be released in 2020.

Hornet and Viper: goal to be out of EA by the end of 2020

Huey: cooperative multiplayer.

Modern Air Combat: AAA title. 2020 release. Focus more of action, gameplay and shallower learning curve.

OH-58 Kiowa: 2020?

F-15E Strike Eagle: RAZBAM.

4 Likes

They units have enough crashing about on ground with the occasional bugged up sea floor expedition. However the idea is awesome, so hopefully a major CA update follows. DCS: CA 2 please!

2 Likes

looking very good for airborne assaults with MI8’s covered by Hinds, then some amphib beach landings with Av8’s supplying CAS or out and out carriers, including warbirds with the F4U and the recently teased Zero … its shaping up to be a very good year

6 Likes

I’m excited to see what they role out with the Chinese asset pack for this new map. I know Deka has been working on new units for some time. A Chinese carrier along with an AI J-15 capable of carrying anti-ship missiles would make things interesting for sure.

3 Likes

I wonder what map will be most in keeping with the jug. Late war Germany possibly? I would rather they released Norway with the mosquito :thinking:

1 Like

Yes!

@NineLine can we Pre-Pre-Order this?

4 Likes

I am very happy with the free Marianas map, this will be a much appreciated change of scenery.

What surprised me in the newsletter is that apparently the Kiowa and the Strike Eagle are currently the only 3rd party aircraft under development with a license agreement in place.

5 Likes

While this is all fantastic news, thank you ED / DCS, I’m gutted there’s no word on the Phantom this year.

5 Likes

Announcing DCS Guam! Er… DCS Mariana’s Islands!

Did not see that coming. A little on the small side when you look at the distance between islands, but could make for some fun “what if’s” with the Chinese.

Following the free A-10C cockpit update, we will be releasing A-10C Warthog 2 in 2020. This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C.

4 Likes

Well they did say there’s more stuff without an agreement for now so…

4 Likes

I literally cannot wait for this. It’s now my most anticipated module.

I’m gonna put @schurem in the gunners seat and just TERRIFY HIM

5 Likes

I will scream bloody murder in Russian :smiley:

Hind, but mudhen a close second for most anticipated module. Oh! And flogger! How could I forget!

5 Likes

Do we have LSTs in DCS World? Because we are gonna need some LSTs… (or LCACs)…

6 Likes

I feel like I saw video footage a few months ago of an asset pack being developed that included LCAC’s and I think a few other ships?

4 Likes

Sort of if you count the ones in the WW2 asset pack.

Once upon a time Razbam tesed dev of LCAC’s and other Navy ships related to the MEU’s and such. But that seems to have fallen by the way side.

2 Likes

Not hard to imagine having fun with the LHAs, Hueys, Cobras, Harriers, and some landing craft…

5 Likes

It will be a perfect multiplayer map!

1 Like

I bet a free skin that next WWII map (in conjuction with the P47) is Ardennes/Bulge battle. :wink:

5 Likes

Smart strategy on the part of ED. As 777 doesn’t have their sights on the Pacific anytime soon, if ED can bring some resources to bear for that part of WWII they’ll be able to carve a good niche out. Only issue is whether or not they can provide the accompanying assets.

1 Like

Wow! I say again, “Wow!” This was my home for 10 years. I know every waterfall and cave on Guam. I’ve bicycled Rota, seen the nuclear loading pit on Tinian and the “suicide cliffs” of Saipan. Was this a gift for Eric? I’d like to think it was.

11 Likes