DCS Module Ladder

Yeah I know! :sunglasses: It is really a well made piece of kit. For that reason, I was checking what else the VKB has on offer and they do have some other sticks that look nice, like the MCG Modern Combat Grip

but unfortunately I can’t just swap the grips :zipper_mouth_face: And most of their products are out of stock anyway.

Virpil looks good too. And is largely out of stock as well.

And this may be the way I will go one day. Though I am still undecided whether to add a throttle quadrant only or rather bite the bullet and buy the TM Warthog HOTAS with the F/A-18 grip. It looks too good to discount this option right away :smiley:

A great idea…but since they are made in China, a recommend full sterilization before you use it :mask:

:wink:

In fact you can ( hope you have the Mk.II ) :

UPGRADE KIT LITE FOR GLADIATOR MK.II

Compatible Grips (socket rev.B):

• SCG/SCG Premium (L/R)
  • MCG/MCG PRO

1 Like

Yep, already dropped an e-mail to their EU distributor about availability.

Installing that will allow me to swap the grip but will also make me lose the twist (z-axis which is built inside the grip; my home setup does not allow for rudder pedals).

So I’d need to install the MCG Twist Adapter and hope it all works together.

That would probably suffice. I’d have a plethora of buttons and axes on the base and on the grip. Though the whole solution would be a bit cumbersome.

I actually like the Virpil’s offer with the Constellation Alpha grip offering good number of buttons and axes together with the twist axis. The built quality looks similar to the VKB and the YT reviews I saw almost sold me. And if I’d absolutely want the TM F/A-18 grip, I could plug it on the Virpil’s base too.

But yeah… Out of stock. Some virus probably being the culprit? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That and being a small boutique outfit. You can sign up for their mailing list to get a notice when they are taking orders again. There’s a bit of text on this very site reviewing the virpil offerings. If you might want some words to read to go along with the video reviews.

Thanks for the tip and the link. I will subscribe and give @Troll’s reviews a read.

I dropped the idea of putting two adapters on each other and instead will most likely go with one-stop-shop solution (Virpil’s grip, base and throttle; it also seems superior to the TM).

In any case, I still have some time to reflect till they renew the stock.

So after all the asking left and right and researching and reading… I got the F/A-18 as a result…

…and then came the sales…
…and I got the MiG-15 and absolutely love it :slight_smile: (the 19 and 21 of the same breed are lined up waiting already; yeah I come from the Eastern Europe :sunglasses:).

So there goes my dedication to only one module and - for the time being - the F/A-18 :thinking: I will come back. The important thing is that I AM HAVING FUN!

The screen below is from the 4th mission of the Museum Relic Campaign (the one with NDB approach and no hydraulics) :vr:

7 Likes