DCS New Map Announced - Kola Peninsula

So this was just announced:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

8 Likes

I’ll be honest- this gave me a sim-boner.

erection GIF

9 Likes

Hnggggnnn

<.> Gif deleted, inappropriate content

From the looks of it, they been at it for quite some time already… and aren’t ORBX a msfs content producer?

3 Likes

Yep, ORBX has been making high quality terrains for MSFS and X-plane for years. The fact they are now making terrain for DCS is really exciting. I’m sure this is the first of many maps to come from them. I’m beyond thrilled with this news.

5 Likes

AHHAHAHAH Should I delete mine too?

2 Likes

I thought the same thing - if Orbx is getting into DCS, “Oh YES!”.

2 Likes

Now this is reeeeeally exciting news! And from Orbx, no less…
I wonder if they need a SME who visits most of those blue dots on a regular basis…

19 Likes

Well, they’d be crazy not too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Viggen viggen viggen

4 Likes

VIGGEN VIGGEN VIGGEN

Joining Welcome Home GIF

8 Likes

What’s that looong and wide stretch of road doing there…?

5 Likes

3 Likes

Hey please DM me the gif you put here, I need a good laugh!

1 Like

And me

This is awesome, and a perfect environment for a Typhoon!

4 Likes

Doesn’t the name seem a bit odd, since the map only includes a small part of the peninsula? Far from my backyard, so pls excuse my ignorance.

1 Like

Would it be possible that its the most well known part of the area? Plus it sounds COOL doesnt it.

Ill say it again, I’m really glad to see a map that will have more than one season. While the other recent maps have been very well done its not like changing the seasons makes much of a visual impact.

1 Like

Yeah, its a surprise and a great news to see one of the best civil flight sim sceneries dev now making contents to the DCS. And its true, it will be a paradise for the Viggen…

1 Like

This photo puts the map in better perspective, and the entire Kola Peninsula is part of the map. Still, IMHO, Northern Europe or Upper Scandinavia would have been better, similar to South Atlantic. Probably doesn’t sound as cool. Will be an great map for DCS regardless.

3 Likes