DCS Newsletters and changelogs (2022)

Am I late or is it still a good time to make a new year’s megathread?

The first time ED discusses the DCS:MB-339A official module, big news on the upcoming DCS:F4U-1D Corsair and its Essex-class carrier.

And the thing that excites me most: some LOMAC models are finally getting replaced! :partying_face:

12 Likes

hoped for some MAC info for short while… hope that it isnt sequel to FighterOps :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Damn those are some detailed AI models. I can see why it’s taking them so long.

But… Are all AI models gonna be redone to that standard? At the current rate that would take decades…

Nevertheless excited. Glad they are back at it from new year’s break.

3 Likes

Oh man that bone looks shiny, can’t wait to feast my eyes on that one!

Those 3D models look like a much needed update. I was playing the Viggen Red Flag campaign and a B-52H Stratofortress was used to throw some cruise missiles during one of the missions. As waiting for my push time I was viewing the stuff going on around me and that existing B-52 looked really rough - about 7 triangles with not a smooth curve on the whole thing. This new guy though: :heart_eyes_cat:

8 Likes

Would be awesome if they added a 60s era B-52D to hunt in a MiG-21 :wink:

1 Like

Through the gunsight of your unbeatable and superb bomber interceptor, the Mig-19P? :wink:

4 Likes

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/6a1b39a9f4e0aba314dba62314a78f8e/

Apache might be in Feb then.

This is my face on receipt of the news :

Surprise Surprise Wow GIF by E! Daily Pop

When I read the list of things to do, next week seemed insanely ambitious.

2 Likes

04 March 2022

Dear Fighter Pilots, Partners and Friends,

We are excited to support the release of the Viper Orion HOTAS by WinWing. They have recreated the legendary F-16s throttle and grip that is based on the real-world version and uses mechanical movement.

The next Open Beta includes the following Viper updates: Datalink communications that permit sharing of Sensor Point of Interest, Markpoints and HARM Targeting System emitter locations. More datalink features will follow soon.

“The Bell OH-58D Kiowa Warrior project is now accelerating following a very challenging 2021 for the company. The programming department is back to its original pace as our partner, friend and company co-owner has fully recovered. A great start to 2022!”.

– Polychop Simulations

Please check out Matt Wagner’s most recent videos from the AH-64D Tutorial Series.

Thank you for your passion and support.

Yours sincerely,

Eagle Dynamics Team

WinWing

Hardware

The Orion HOTAS is the most accurate F-16 throttle ever created for the entertainment market. It consists of a full metal design blended with generic use controls for a broad array of DCS aircraft.

The control stick replicates the real F-16 grip and includes an optional attachment for expanded inputs. The grip also has a haptic feedback module.

AH-64D

Guide Available

AH-64D

To give you a head start learning to fly and operate the AH-64D, we have released the Early Access manual. Please find the PDF document here.

Spanning 361 pages, the guide provides a detailed accounting of all the history, sensors, weapons, systems and basic tactics of our AH-64D. The guide is a work-in-progress and as new systems are added to the module, the guide will be updated. We believe, more than anything else so far, that the guide illustrates the extreme amount of detail and care that has gone into this project. Enjoy.

F-16C Viper

Development Progress

F-16C Viper

We have added BDU-50 training bombs, the Max Toss Anticipation cue to accompany the recently added Dive Toss bombing mode, the “Lock” voice message when you lock up a target in an Air Combat Maneuvering (ACM) radar mode, and changed the HMCS symbology for ACM Slew mode.

Improvements have also been made to the G-onset and Instantaneous Turn Rate and are undergoing tests. We hope and expect to have this to you shortly.

OH-58D Kiowa

Development Report

OH-58D

DCS: OH-58D Kiowa and ‘Barundus’

“The pilot model is based on one of our main SMEs. Barundus will also speak voice commands for AI and campaigns. We strongly believe this will benefit the virtual flying experience. Barundus has over 5300 flight hours and was an instructor pilot in the Bell OH58D Kiowa Warrior. He has been deployed to numerous combat tours and this will also contribute to AI behaviour.

We have made the decision to present the whole timeline of the aircraft from 1984 till 2017 with some exceptions to avionics. This means the product will include the OH-58D Kiowa (no weapons pylons), the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior from 1992 till 2006 and the latest aircraft of 2017 all in one module”.

– Polychop Simulations

We look towards your comments on this promising introduction of DCS: OH-58D Kiowa.

Thank you again for your passion and support,

Yours sincerely,

Eagle Dynamics Team

Eagle Dynamics SA

Route de la Glâne 107

P.O. Box 27

1752 Villars-sur-Glâne

Switzerland
forums.eagle.ru
30pxx30px 30pxx30px 30pxx30px

HTML here

5 Likes

Improvements have also been made to the G-onset and Instantaneous Turn Rate and are undergoing tests. We hope and expect to have this to you shortly.

Recently did a dogfight in my Mirage 2000 against an F-16. I know the ITR on the Mirage is better than the Viper but still thought it was too easy, will have to do it again after this next update!

It’s nice that Polychop is healthy again and doing multiple timeframe versions of the Kiowa. Still not buying it at least until Gazelle multicrew is fixed though.

2 Likes

Heh. Not Russia, got it? Not Russia. I wonder how the code wizzards in the Moscow office are getting paid now tho. I have wondered so on the official forum and on reddit, and tbh I don’t really care how, but I do care that they still get paid. I would hate for DCS development to grind to a halt because of the Tsar’s new clothes.

5 Likes

The Kiowa is a day one purchase for me. I have gotten more than my money out of the gazelle, and the flight model and systems modeling is far better than something like gunship or any of the other golden age titles I was so happy to play back in the day. Does the gazelle have its warts? Absolutely, but for me it’s not enough of an issue to not get the Kiowa. If you got the Gaz specifically for the multicrew then I can understand the sentiment.

4 Likes

Ditto. Very much looking forward to the Kiowa.

2 Likes

For what its worth, i absolutely adore the Gazelle.
I find the Hind challenging, the Hip feels weird after the Hind, the huey is ok, but the gazelle is just so so much honest fun.
I look forward to forward scouting for apache

5 Likes

There, ftfy

6 Likes

Not sure who’s saying what here but FWIW, Gazelle can’t buddy lase. The system is made for beam riding HOT3 rockets, similar to the Ka-50 with Vikhrs.
The Kiowa does have a laser designator which can buddy lase though, but I’m not sure that’s what Vic meant.

1 Like

I think @schurem meant sod the choppers and lets devastate with eagles and hogs

2 Likes

My image was of @Victork2 hovering around the bushes in a Kiowa like that creepy uncle at the playground lasing things while I’m up with the angels whistling dixie and going ‘pickle, pickle, pickle.’

6 Likes

Thats so me. I’m in

6 Likes