DCS: Normandy WW2

Yeah, they are. ED are a talented bunch!
But the thing is, if they were really successful and could print their own money, someone else would want a piece of the actionā€¦

Maybe we can pin our hopes to MSFS2020 to once again spread the joy of flightsimming to the masses? What we need is kids like we once were. The kind that couldnā€™t get enough of airplanes.
The general publics love of aviation is lost, and we need to find it again.
And until we do, there wonā€™t be enough flightsimmers around to split the bill.

25 posts were split to a new topic: Younger Generation, Flight Sims and Aviation

On the other hand, I see almost daily new threads pop up on hoggit about how to this or that very basic thing in DCS, because they just found out about it, fell head over heels in love with it and want to know how to load the nevada terrain or some such thing.

3 Likes

The largest problem Iā€™ve seen is with the AI. The AI FM is just so out of this world unfair that it makes it a bear to play unless youā€™re doing PvP.

2 Likes

I find that setting the levels in a mission is a must. Go up against 4 Exellent AI and you are done! I am setting leaders as high and wingmen as good. I am about to move up to all HIgh. But you need luck all the time. Im getting lucky in the Jug and the Messer lately. :wink:

Ever wondered about the skill naming convention (Average-Good-High-Excellent)? In what world is average the lowest end of the scale :slight_smile:

Below Average and Poor are flying a cargo planes full of rubber dog-poop out of Japanā€¦

Iā€™ve been informed it is Hong Kongā€¦I resign my Top Gun credentials until I enroll in remedial trainingā€¦

4 Likes

Reallyā€¦? You had to do this to meā€¦!

2 Likes

That would be China today.

Japan only makes high quality silicone dog poop suitable for framing.

2 Likes

Was it Hong Kong :thinking:

Iā€™ve lost the edge. Iā€™m turning in my wings.

5 Likes

What? You guys donā€™t throw TopGun quotes at eachother, all day, at your gig?

I have a friend who did a few years flying cargo in and out of HK. He promised me a rubberdogshit that he flew out of there, but never delivered. He got me all sorts of other crap, but all I really wanted was a genuine RDS flown outta HKā€¦

2 Likes

Noā€¦we prefer to emulate our Sky Gods when we quote thingsā€¦

ā€œCominā€™ up on twenty years of serviceā€¦uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhā€

4 Likes

Im gonna go ahead and land this baby in vegas, because uh, who wants to go to tuscon anyway?

3 Likes

How can they be lost? Theyā€™re flying on instrumentsā€¦

13 Likes

For anyone wondering about night flying in Normandy 2.0, the following airfields have runway lighting if the date is set to 1946 onwards.

(Runway lighting, no taxiway lighting)

• Creil
  • Evreux
  • Needs Oar Point
  • Tangmere
  • Ford
  • Odiham
  • Beauvais-Tille
  • Triqueville
  • Poix
  • Orly
  • Stoney Cross
  • Amiens-Glisy
  • Gravesend
  • Saint-Andre-de-lEure

(Threshold spotlights only, no runway or taxiway lights)

• Cormeille-en-Vexin
  • Frecamp-Benouville
  • Friston
  • Deanland
12 Likes

What a great find! Thank You

2 Likes

I opened the Mustang Quick Start Dog fight mission over Normandy in mission builder. I mooved the aircraft over Paris. I added some weather. Textures Low, Scenery High works in this map. It was absolutely amazing. After killing the Messers i toured Pareee. Beautiful!

6 Likes

You guys happen to see this? Seems like Normandy 2.0 is getting another update :thinking:

8 Likes

Nice!

I actually forgot we didnā€™t have Manston on the Normandy map, and the other airfields should fill out the map nicely (particularly Biggin Hill, now we have London on the map).

2 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes