DCS: Normandy WW2

Eh, I’d rather the -15 first. The infrastructure already exists to meet any desires for overwhelming mediocrity in jet form.

1 Like

I’d like a FSD Eagle first too- I don’t think that’s ever been done in a sim, has it?

So, as the sucker that I am I got the Normandy map… Now to wait until release!

looks interesting, I wonder how detailed that F-15 will be. Would fit nicely on the Hormuz map.

1 Like

There was Jane’s F-15E, but as far as I know, no Charlie has ever gotten the treatment.

Jane’s USAF had a Charlie.

Janes USAF was lower than SFP1 Fidelity.

1 Like

But fun though…! :slight_smile:

…and wasn’t That “The First” Nellis AFB and Nevada? It was more Game than Sim…but So much FUN!:grinning:

DCS F-16 confirmed. :grinning:

1 Like

No, Digital Integrations F-16 Fighting Falcon (iMagic iF-16 in the U.S.) had Nellis and Nevada training scenario.

2 Likes

OHPULLLEASE! FALCON 3.0 had all of it BEFORE it was cool.
Even “Elvis live” spelled with lightbulbs along Vegas.

*scoffs *

Kids, nowadays… No respect for the elders.

3 Likes

It was a billbord saying “Elvis Lives”… :triumph:

HA-AH! So you KNEW IT!
*Rubs hands *

My plan succeeded. Now I know you knew and I knew it; erhm… you know?
So… now… I… uhm.
Where was I?

3 Likes

There’s a difference between knowing and remembering… :wink:

2 Likes

Yes! If only I could remember what it is…

4 Likes

Hey… I was in that generation… of scouring the BBS Sites for pre-made or guides to making “The” Perfect Boot Disk for Falcon 3.0’s Memory requirements… lol…

Boot to Dos, Load Mouse, Loud Sound Blaster, Load Gameport, Load VESA VGA, Load CD-ROM, Launch Falcon 3.0, Not Enough Memory…

Round2:
Boot to Dos, Load Sound Blaster, Load Gameport, Load Mouse, Load VESA VGA, Load CD-Rom, Launch Falcon 3.0
Not Enough Memory

Round3…

Repeat until you get the perfect sequence w/ enough memory left over to boot Falcon3.0

in the end run for me, I just copied the CD-ROM to a Local Folder and re-configured Falcon3.0 to see that as the Disk Source, and Dropped CD Rom from the loading list.

2 Likes

You were still lucky, in Italy there was no way to get to any of those BBS.
Upside was I learned the hard way to make some mean boot disks. :slight_smile:

Ah… Boot disks… :floppy_disk: A closed memory compartment just burst :boom: Not entirely positive memories in there…

…you made me remember creating boot discs again…
Dammit I had that stored back down there in my subconscious to prevent it from harming my psyche, together with… Oh no! …Spelljammer, 90s pop music and the Fresh Prince!!

NoooooooaahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!

YOU FREED ME! PREPARE TO GET PIZZA IN YOUR FACE ADULT GUYS!!!

1 Like

I may be misreading or misunderstanding, but I am not sure, at least in the case of the asset pack that this is 100% right. My understanding, and I am not not in the know of everything, but I do know that to add all these models and items to DCS in one full sweep is very costly to ED. If you compare the core, and models added there, they are added a few at a time over months and months, that can probably be covered by revenue generated currently. But take all that, and throw it out at once, you just have to recover some of it. I dont think its a change in business model, its simply a reaction to this one circumstance. I doubt we will see it again, unless we see another era thrust upon us with a large release of models all at once.

I truly believe that once the asset pack is finalized, and in full release, the value will be easily seen by those of use paying for it. And I would almost be willing to bet that it will be updated similar to the core, and we will see a trickle of new units as time goes on, but that is my personal opinion.

6 Likes