DCS Screenshots

Some more harrier goodies :smiley:

12 Likes

edited to convert to jpg’s

8 Likes

Well the fly in got me wanting more DCS, so since I hadn’t flown anything since probably the last fly in I decided to load up the Gazelle and go on a mission to take out some trucks… that were definitely supplying insurgents or something…

A beautiful morning to battle the controls of the Gazelle

Heading in to the valleys

Attempting to set up a hover… which I don’t think should be easy, but dang do I struggle getting it in to hover mode.

Not the trucks I’m looking for…

Oh there they are… stuck on the world geometry :roll_eyes:

Went for the 2 for 1 shot…

Magically when the first two trucks blew up the other three figured out how to get unstuck and booked it!

That didn’t last long…

4 out of 5 trucks destroyed, heading back to base.

Even landed it with out shattering the tail!

For me the Gazelle is a constant battle between me and the trim where the trim attempts to kill me every 10 seconds. Still I find sneaking around trying to get with in range of the missiles fun… I think this is the closest I’ve ever done to an AAR lol

14 Likes

Some important things to keep in mind to get in a hover:

Low forward airspeed or none
Low vertical airspeed or none

At this point the auto hover can take over, it will wibbly woobly a bit when it tries to compensate. I prefer watching the controls window(right control-enter) and see what the AP is doing.

Another thing of note, the auto pilot kicks in above 100km/h. This will give a little kick in the controls and then flies quite stable without not a lot of input required.

1 Like

First proper harrier VTOL flight, took off, accelerated, turned around and did my slowest decent from 1500ft ever :smile:

EDIT: screenshot upload is broken? It says uploading but gives me no results when done.

The beta changed from saving screens in .jpg to .png and the forum is having some issues with it. @fearlessfrog details it in this post and has already contacted ED about the files being weird. Right now the best thing to do is just convert to .jpg.

2 Likes

I finally managed to hook up to the KC-130 properly for uninterrupted fuel transfer.

That drogue basket is pretty detailed.

Thanks guys, how much for the fuel?

12 Likes

And here’s the landing after that AAR:

… not perfect, but getting there.

4 Likes

After a night attack mission with @Rafter

4 Likes

2 12 3

ohh and a small gift ED didnt mentioned in the change log :wink:

8 Likes

Yeah the Harrier looks great in 2.2!

This was embarrassing … I hope my insurance will cover the losses.

Finally had some time to scout the neighborhood …

12 Likes

Oh sneaky, plus very nice :boom:

2 Likes

mk20 explosions look weird. big white circle in the dust…

Boy, I’m still exploring but there was a lot of stuff that didn’t make it into the change log. :slight_smile: New effects are available to be placed as static objects. We’ll finally be able to get the battlefield, both WWII and modern, looking like it should.

12 Likes

I believe ED also improved the overall lightning on aircraft and ground vehicle surfaces. Also, remember the complaints about the improved clouds that are based on the old engine/technic and are acting as placeholders till the completely new ones are implemented? To me they look absolutely amazing.

12 Likes

more importantly, which ED Dev is that and is she single?.. lol.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Some impromptu formation flying with @RedBravo65

8 Likes

Finally did some flying in the Harrier and had a great flight with @Gunnyhighway. It was a beautiful sunset practice of formation flying.

7 Likes

Addition pics of our flight with @Gunnyhighway.

3 Likes