DCS Screenshots

Man those shots are beautiful…!

3 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:
I’m quite new to the art of taking screenshots, but since your Ctrl-F11 lesson, I try to think about the composition before pressing Printscreen.

3 Likes

@Freak Always nice to see one of my girls at work.

• thumbsup *
3 Likes

I’m gonna get that Ka-50 dirty soon…I promise!

@BeachAV8R: No worries. Incidentally I want to make a little personal use of this thread and announce @AeroMechanical that I’ve almost completed his F-15 NASA skin. It took me much longer than usual because… reasons.

J/K, basically- and unlike all the other skins I did so far, @AeroMechanical choice was mainly made of a shiny glossy surface, which by todays DCS 1.5 standards, is a bit tough to get.

I managed to strike a “good enough” efffect while putting maximum effort with the alignment and lines precision. Which can be a true pain in the sides.

What’s left as of now is just to put in the personal touches he requested and that’s delivered too.
Good news in all of this is that now I got a MUCH more solid understanding of how reflectiveness (and shininess and all those -ess words) works within textures in DCS.
Which leads me to reconsider the job I did with @Sryan texture- But that’s something I’ll fix after I finished the remaining ones. :slight_smile:

I apologize to everyone involved for the delays- I’m learning. :wink:
Smell ya later!

3 Likes

:smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Is that all AI? Or a mod where you can fly the F/A-18 model?

It’s being built as AI Only, The -E, -F, and -Gs are not part of DCS.

But I cannot keep anyone from flying it with make_flyable (xxx,x,x,) Lines… when it’s released,

Well I could, if i encrypted the LUAs… :slight_smile:

Right now I’m still working on Main externals, some of the complex animations aren’t working correctly yet, so those are being worked on in alternate Max Scene.

From there it’s Damage Model time… And Re-Rigging, Re-Animating Pilot and Re-Importing/Merging Model.

6 Likes

…so you’re telling me we’re getting Rhinos and Growlers in game at some point in the future?

1 Like

Eventually, as a mod at the least.

EricJ has done 30+ Liveries, I’ve only done maybe 3 during time between Working on the 3D Model.

1. There is no sexier hornet than the F model
  2. This thing is looking better and better. I’m looking forward to sharing the flight deck with it.
1 Like

Twelve AMRAAMs, because the correct response to an existential threat to your carrier is:

“Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, Fox THREE, CRANKING RIGHT.… … … Pitbull, out to the South.”

8 Likes

I mean, there’s strength in numbers and all I suppose…

1 Like

2 Likes

Wouldn’t Fox 36 be faster to say?

4 Likes

Faster, but less correct. And O-4’s and above get kinda anal about formality and correct procedure on phones and radio. Probably because they’re the ones who often sign off on those comms manuals and need to feel important.

1 Like

NATO needs a code for macross missile massacre

3 Likes

Embrace the Future of Airshows, Starting in 2018:

7 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes