DCS Simple Radio has been updated to Version 22.214.171.124
Get it HERE (DCS SIMPLE RADIO)
REQUIRES SERVER & CLIENT VERSION 126.96.36.199 or newer - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANYTHING BEFORE 188.8.131.52
For the server you need to open TCP PORTS 5002 + 5003 unless you’ve changed the server port using the server config file.
Banned IPs are added to a file created where ever the server is run called banned.txt. To unban, just delete the IP from the file and restart the server.
The server will always open TWO TCP ports - one you can control with the Config file, the other is always +1 above the setting in the config. If you cant press PTT but everything else looks fine - this is why
To install or update, extract ALL the files from the zip into a folder and just run the installer which’ll replace any previous version installed automatically
.NET version 4.6.2 Required - PLEASE INSTALL THIS - Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Web Installer) for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 10 November Update, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 from Official Microsoft Download Center
If you’re on Windows N edition (No media components installed) then install this (you’ll know when you get the audio initialisation error!) - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions
KNOWN BUG: If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i’m trying to work around and triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesnt matter if that key is bound or not, it’ll still cause lag when you press it
- Added connection status indicators - Now tracks game export and game gui broadcasts to signal fully working DCS connection as well as VOIP and Server TCP connection status
- EAM name should no longer be overwritten
- Fixed for concurrent access bug causing excessive logging (and other issues) - This release is backwards compatible but it’s recommend all servers to update to this version when possible!
- Added Yak 52 support and expansion radios - Requires always allow SRS hotkeys to be on to be used
- Added expansion radios to L39 - Requires always allow SRS hotkeys to be on to be used
- Added basic log rotate
- Improved Installer Saved Games checker logic to make sure saved games folder is used
Thanks to you all for the support - SRS Team (MorpheusXAUT and Ciribob)
DCS / VR Overlay & Overlay Configuration
The overlay has 4 states, hidden, small, small+volume & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.
The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.
The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection
To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved Games\DCS\Config which will look something like so and quit DCS: