DCS Slow Texture Loading

Hi all,

Is anyone else having issues or noticed that textures are loading slowly on their systems?

Since the latest couple of patches, I’ve noticed that textures take a while to load. I run DCS on an SSD, primarily in VR & MT but I’ve noticed slow texture loading no matter which executable I use. It is especially noticeable in VR.

Just wondering if it is just my system or happening to others. My system has been acting up over the last several months and could be reaching its end of life or the result of bloat but the texture issue is more recent.

Thanx

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Cockpit textures take a couple of seconds to fully load. After that it’s smooth sailing.

1 Like

Same here. Normally load into water and then it all comes in after a few seconds.

1 Like

It’s normal, especially w/ both VR and MT!

1 Like

If you are talking about at mission start, I thought that it was an MT thing.

1 Like

It happens at mission start and at times when switching views to AI assets. This happens in all the executable configurations I have. My card is 10GB and I don’t have my DCS settings maxed out.

2 Likes

I got a 12 gb card and 64gb RAM and it still happens to me. Started a few updates ago. Maybe about the same time as the first MT launch. I run MT and ST and its in both.

Seems to be a thing with 2.9…

4 Likes

Thanks. It’s good to know I’m not crazy. For a moment I started to believe it was my system because it has been showing some age and instability. Still, I suspected it had to do with DCS because other programs run rather well. Since the last patch, I’ve also experienced freezes while textures load (I suspect). While the issue is not a dealbreaker, I hope it is addressed because it is annoying. The ability to “mash and go” is attractive. :smile:

2 Likes