DCS Strait of Hormuz Map

When the map is made available for sale, it will be abundantly clear of the exact area covered by the map.

Well, I would hope so! How would you keep that a secret once people are flying it? Perhaps that should have read “final area still under development, will not be announced until it goes on sale.”

Of course, look how much NTTR has changed since 2.0 let alone A-10 beta…

2 Likes

I am very pleased with the latest newsletter.

The Rapier SAM will be an excellent addition for the Hormuz map. Not only was it in service with Iran, but also the UAE and Oman.

Recently I compiled this short list of significant ground units for the theater:

CSS-C-3 Seersucker shore launched anti-ship missile (Iran)
Hwasong-5 Scud-B SSM (Iran and UAE)
Rapier short-range SAM (Iran and UAE)
RBS-70 short-range SAM (Iran and UAE)
Bofors L/70 40mm AAA (Iran and UAE)

Scratch one off the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hahahaha, No worries. As an American expat, I love it here. If in country come see some of the bars. No disappointment here. Then there is the track… First Moto GP of every season since 2004. I rode it for years but work has kept me away. It is 6k of the best twisty, rain depraved asphalt on the planet. A natural bay that is huge is great for sailing almost all year round. The list goes on…
The chances of my flying a Mirage over Qatar is DCS… Slim and None, and I think Slim just left town. BTW Qatar has Mirage V and they just bought a bunch of F-15 Eagles.

1 Like