DCS: Su-25 Crash on Start

Team, looking for some assistance. A recent DCS patch (I can’t remember which) broke the Flaming Cliffs Su-25 module in my install. Every time I load a mission in the Su-25 (not the Su-25T), I get an instant crash as soon as I click ‘Fly’ after the mission loads. It didn’t effect any other modules. If I don’t click ‘Fly’, I can change views, move the view around, but the moment I click ‘Fly’, boom, crash to crashlog upload. I have the UH-60 and A-4 mods installed, but nothing else. I searched the other forums for folks experiencing similar issues, but nothing stood out.

Happy to upload the crash logs, if it will help. Thanks in advance!

This might be a little obvious so apologies in advance if already tried, but did you run that dcs repair?

I used it once a while ago for a weird issue and it cleared it up.

If that doesn’t do the trick, hopefully someone else ran into a similar issue and can help.

I didn’t encounter this when testing the virtual pilot body after the 2.8 update (so a week ago probably, once I got to this one?). I have the Flaming Cliffs 3 DLC from Steam and run DCS from Steam and in VR.

Edit: I was only trying the “Free Flight” Quick mission, so maybe other missions are causing the problem? I also have the A-4 community mod installed, but not the UH-60L since 2.8 came out.

Affirm, I ran the repair. I’ll probably through a crash report on the ED Forums along with a crash log and see what comes up. The thing that really stands out is that if I don’t click ‘Fly’ at the start of the mission, after the load screens, it appears to be working fine. I can change the view, zoom and scroll around, no issues. But, the moment I “unpause” the mission by clicking ‘Fly’, crash…

1 Like

Have you tried temporarily removing the UH-60 and A-4E mods?

1 Like

Yup. Removed the mods, did a full clean and repair. It’s just the Su-25. FC MiG-29 worked fine. I’ll throw a crash log up here, see if anyone can decipher the problem.

1 Like

Here’s the latest crash log. Tried all the FC modules, along with a number of others. All solid until I try to load a Su-25 mission.

dcs.log-20221204-011009.zip (590.0 KB)

SOLVED

A helpful member of the DCS forums found the culprit. The export.lua file for my SimShaker seat was causing the crash. I deleted the export.lua file and problem solved. DCS recreated the file on start, and everything worked 4.0 after that.

6 Likes

Thanks for getting back with the solution! Hopefully it can help someone else in the future :+1:

2 Likes

Thankfully, the other forums made it pretty easy to upload a crash log!

1 Like