DCS: Supercarrier Preview Video

I’ll be in my bunk. Knock a backbeat when its release day, not before.

1 Like

Glorious.

C-2 and updated SH-60? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Is the Stennis (CVN 74) already available in game?

Wheels

They’re in some of the DLC campaigns!

1 Like

Holy crap.

That. Looks. Amazing.

1 Like

I’m all in with this!

That plat cam at the LSO station is - glorious.

Slight derail. Did anyone play F/A-18E Super Hornet from way back in 2000. First sim I can remember having animated deck crew. Blew me away. Go to about 2:45 in the video.

4 Likes

Wow thats awesome for that era.
Sad I was only about 6 at the time.

I think that one’s available via GOG?

Was; not anymore because it has issues running on modern systems. I’ve got it and it’s somewhat problematic.

That was breathtaking! :astonished:

You are making me feel decidedly old! :face_with_monocle:
:laughing:

Iirc that was the only sim with animated deck crew.

The other unique sim in regards to carrier ops was Jane’s F/A-18. No animated deck crew though but it has superb carrier ops comms around the boat with all the holding patterns and whatnot.

Finaly only now DCS is going to surpass these sims in both those regards. Congrats to ED and @wagmatt :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I remember the animated deckcrew looking great - but Janes F/A18 Superhornet was a much better Sim overall - great systems modelling and fab scenarios (especially when Team Superhornet got to work on it)

2 Likes

Updated SH-60 and C-2 enter into DCS Core, has not part of Supercarrier module as other naval AI aircrafts. Updated SH-60 has planned by ED.

3 Likes

It should be illegal to use the Crue in a video, it’s so easy to get pumped with Kickstart my Heart, especially.

3 Likes

I am wondering how much they paid in licensing fees to use it.

Wheels

1 Like

Is this the Jane’s version? If so yes…and I still have the manual.

I was also a youngster at the time…only a LCDR… :grimacing:

2 Likes