DCS World Newsletter - 28 December 2018

DCS World Newsletter - 28 December 2018

Winter 50% Off Sale. Last Few Days!

Lasting until just January 7th at 0600 GMT, save 50% on most DCS World modules! This applies to aircraft, maps, and campaigns. The only exceptions include:

• DCS: F/A-18C Hornet at 25% off
  • DCS: Persian Gulf Map at 25% off
  • UH-1H Argo Campaign at 20% off
  • DCS: SA342 Gazelle at 15% off

Note: the sale only applies to released products.

Get these deals in DCS e-shop

Take advantage of these great savings while they last!

Pre-Order DCS: Christen Eagle II!

It is our pleasure to announce that DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC is now available for pre-order on the DCS e-Shop for $23.99. A release of a feature-complete module is scheduled for January 23rd, 2019.

Purchase from DCS e-shop

The Christen Eagle II touches on many aspects not previously explored in DCS World. It aims to capture the unique experience of flying an aerobatic biplane capable of maneuvers previously not possible. The Christen Eagle II is an-easy-to fly airframe with a constant-speed propeller, and it includes inverted fuel and oil systems that allow the pilot to concentrate on the flight maneuvers.

The Christen Eagle II offers something to every virtual pilot, regardless if they are a veteran or a newcomer, combat pilot or an aerobatic artist!

Christen-Eagle-2_Box-Art_v2_280x400

DCS: Christen Eagle II features:

• Highly-detailed and fully functional dual cockpit
  • Highly-detailed external model with fully animated control surfaces and other systems
  • State-of-the-art internal and external textures
  • Exhaustive set of external liveries
  • Advanced flight model based on technical documentation and real Christen Eagle II pilot experiences
  • Complete aircraft system and subsystem modeling, which includes the Lycoming AEIO-360 engine, electrical, fuel and flight control systems
  • Fully functional KY-197 Radio
  • Authentic sound sets (canopy, cockpit items, engine)
  • A couple of instant missions and tutorials to get you started
  • Cooperative multiplayer – fly with a friend in the same aircraft, either as an instructor, student or a passenger
  • Complete aircraft flight manual

Modern Air Combat (MAC) Update
Since the announcement of MAC, we have been listening to customer feedback and we have been busy expanding the product to maximize your enjoyment. In addition to the 14 aircraft and four maps, we’ve been engaged with the following features that will bring the product to the next level flight game entertainment:

• A redesigned Mission Generator that allows you to easily create exciting missions based on a selected mission type. This will provide a much more focused and fun gameplay experience that is designed around action and fun.
  • An entirely new interface. MAC will feature a very modern, intuitive and beautiful interface that will feel at home in 2018!
  • Taking advantage of the new Dedicated Server system, MAC will allow you to earn accomplishments and points that you can then use to purchase DCS World products. The new system has a detailed point-earning system that is also tied to leader boards and record scores.
  • Enhanced assists to help new players will come with MAC like auto-trim, navigation and target marker locations, and unified control inputs.

All of this will result in a much better product, but it has extended our development time. We look forward to bringing you MAC in the 2019!

DCS: BAE Hawk Update
We regret to inform you that VEAO is no longer a developer for DCS World. As such, they have also ceased support of their Hawk. Although we offered to support their product, they declined making the files available to do so.

Given this unfortunate situation, we will fully refund all Hawk customers that purchased the module starting from 1 October 2018. If you wish a full refund, please enter a support request here.

For those that purchased the Hawk prior to 1 October 2018, will continue to make DCS World 2.5.3 available, such that you can still fly the Hawk.

To avoid such issues in the future, all future 3rd party agreements are now required to make the game files available in case they are no longer able to support their product.

DCS World Updates
Due to the holidays and our staff taking some much-needed time off, our next DCS World update will be 16 January 2019.

Happy New Year!
The Eagle Dynamics Team

6 Likes

I guess they plan to offer it on other platforms with a new company, or maybe made bad contracts of their own in that they can’t release it to ED? A shame all round though.

MAC almost sounds like a different game rather than module? Is it still just a module in DCS World or something else?

The points thing sound intriguing, as not something I’d think would come to DCS World (You have achieved 1500 Gear Up actions - Congratulations, here’s a Gold Doubloon for the P51 Crate!)

2 Likes

When do I get to light my torch?

2 Likes

As a customer, thank you!

5 Likes

Yep, the use of ‘escrow’ is extremely common for any sort of non-trivial software contract. Lessons learnt and all that. When a public company goes, there is no-one to even get the IP or asset from, so it’s always worth getting the rights to a 3rd party.

Earn points etc… mark my words = > sooner or later you see that dcs is like mmo, pay to get gold to get better missiles etc…

No, not really, more of a better more evolved Bonus System I believe, just cooler ways to earn them than just buying new products, but more info coming soon on all that.

4 Likes

It was mentioned in the context of the new Dedicated Server, so intrigued on how this fits into MAC Multiplayer. Interested to find out more. :slight_smile:

DCS World of Thunder.

I really hope this makes its way into DCS World. I’ve been wanting/waiting for this for years.

2 Likes

It can be used as a separate game or combined with the rest of DCS World, just depends on what you want to do. The point system will be explained further down the road, but I dont think its anything like grinding for parts as in something like War Thunder.

3 Likes

Dedicated servers allows the expansion of what can be done with MP, so its pretty exciting to see what will come, and no @Gunnyhighway, we wont make you grind for a super duper special golden missile :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I believe it will, the core should remain the same, with different GUI for each. The generator should be part of the core, and improvements should cover all aspects, but they should clear this all up as we get closer to MAC release.

5 Likes

maybe they will add a royale mode where everyone starts in the tf-51. Innovate don’t duplicate.

2 Likes

Looking forward. I think ED was really too much conservative about their ’ game mode ’ and so on. While Gaijin takes advantage of the arcade side of their game ED is still the ’ serious ’ siming game.

So looking forward to any steps in this gameing direction.
Hope to see some oficial dedicated game mode server.

1 Like

and how do you kill other planes? By ramming them :man_facepalming:t3::joy::joy::joy:

well i wouldn’t take a step toward warthunder…
On the contrary awarding some bonus for teamplay to teams flying in some sort of campaign could be nice. (but i wonder if we aren’t just too competitive already!)
Should be a thing to study and think very very well before implementing…!

2 Likes

Any thought to earning points for number of successful ejections from a particular aircraft…something like…oh, I don’t know…maybe something Scandinavian? That would be a really cool way to earn DCS products. :grin: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

So, how much do you owe the virtual Swedish govt. these days…?

Sounds good. Appreciate the info, and I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for the upcoming MAC info.