DCS World TARGET profile for Cougar and Warthog with MFDs

Version 2.04 is available. It is now released as an installer that will update you to the latest version.

If you wish to contribute for my efforts, please send any donations to Fisher House, a charity that supports disabled veterans and their families. Exception: if you want me to program for a module I don’t have, or add programming for the TFRP, please PM me and we can discuss it.

DCS World TARGET Script for Thrustmaster Cougar or Warthog and MFDs is now available. Download it from:

This file is an installer which will install and launch the updater, which will then download the latest version of the script. You can also periodically run the updater to keep your script up to date.

This script for the HOTAS Cougar/Warthog and Cougar MFDs includes dedicated profiles for the A-10C Warthog, AV-8B Harrier, Ka-50 Black Shark, P-51D Mustang, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8 Hip, F-86 Sabre, Fw-190D9 Dora, Bf-109K-4 Kurfürst, MiG-21bis Fishbed, MiG-15bis, M-2000C, SA-342 Gazelle, L-39 Albatross, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, Hawk T.1A, C-101, and Flaming Cliffs 3 profiles. The script is fully implemented with both code and custom keyboard and joystick LUA files. The included “Standard DirectX” profile can me used to create a versatile profile for anything else.

This script uses TARGET, so you need to install it (though Cougar users can leave Foxy where it is). I also recommend the latest MFD Drivers, as I have found fewer profile crashes with these enabled.

The script offers the following features:

• Graphical User Interface (GUI) to save your settings and auto-generate script files.
  • Both HOTAS Cougar and Warthog Compatibility
  • All documentation (except for the Setup Guide) is in HTML with context-sensitive help in the GUI.
  • CommState routine allows for the selection of F1 through F12 keys with Hats 2-4 while the MIC switch is pressed
  • Hot-selectable “TriggerZoom” allows you to zoom into your target or HUD when depressing the first trigger stage
  • LED indications for airbrake, landing gear, TriggerZoom, CommState, and Teamspeak3 PTT
  • Compatible with TouchControl (formerly TouchIR), VAC, DCS Simpleradio Standalone, and all major Teamspeak radio solutions
  • Optimized for TrackIR, but compatible with Hat1 as POV
  • Individual HOTAS profiles are mapped as closely to their real world counterparts as practical
  • Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) HOTAS mappings correlate to the A-10C (attack aircraft) or F-16C (fighters) as closely as practical
  • FC3 Context Sensitive Autopilot routine that reverts to last used mode on toggle
  • A-10C Profile includes direct entry for CDU, CMSP, and UFC
  • ]Ka-50 Profile allows direct entry for ABRIS (RMFD) and Rubicon Datapad
  • Ability to automatically pause TrackIR while at the Door Gunner Station (UH-1)
  • Context sensitive communications menus based on crew station (framework in place for DCS implementation)
  • TARGET based Central Position Trimmer Mode that greatly improves upon the default trimmers when not using force feedback.
  • Analog and digital differential braking routines, including paddle braking and nosewheel steering.
  • Kneeboard mapping for all aircraft.
  • NVGs for all capable aircraft, including "bonus mapping for the A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, and F-86 (H/T Zaelu).
  • Simplified hot-selection of aircraft allows for potentially thousands of aircraft and variants in this script, along with audible feedback of aircraft selected.

Here are some screenshots of the GUI:

Select the modules you have installed. This will help filter the values you see and possibly de-clutter the interface.

Next, you can modify your settings as you see fit. Values are arranged by module and can be filtered by category. Each entry has a help summary at the bottom of the screen, along with a button that will take you to the right place in the HTML references.

Then before you build the script you can assign module presets to each button on your MFDs. Just like having a radio with 40 presets, though you can still cycle through profiles manually via the rocker switches.

Here are some example Warthog and MFD mappings. Now that everything is easily accessible via HTML, I will reduce the amount of images posted to a few examples:
Note: the HOTAS Warthog images here are of comparatively low quality compared to the images in the download.

A-10C Warthog:

Note: the following functionality is in addition to the standard MFD functionality.

Direct Entry mode for the CDU:

AV-8B Harrier II:

Direct Entry mode for the UFC:

UH-1H Huey:

Bf-109K-4 Kurfürst:

M-2000C:

M-2000C INS Direct Entry

SA-342 Gazelle

SA342 NADIR Mappings:

I look forward to your feedback; any information that will help me improve this profile is greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

Really neat! Will give it another go, stopped using it after a while because I only had a Cougar and couldn’t switch profiles on the fly. Now that I do have the MFD’s though… :wink:

2.02 is up. It updates the Harrier to allow fast slewing when holding S3.

2 Likes

Version 2.13 is available. This will be the last version of CTS that is compatible with both DCS 2.5 and DCS 1.5.8 legacy. The installer will now give you the option to install CTS for DCS 2.5 and 1.5.8 Legacy versions.
Note: If you already use CTS and didn’t create a legacy 1.5.8 install, there is no need to re-download the installer.
If you re-install to an existing location, disregard the warning about copying a CTS.dat version 2.20 or later. This won’t take effect until I need to branch the release version from the legacy version, which should happen shortly after the stable release of DCS 2.5.2.

2 Likes

Version 2.41 of CTS is now available. Other than adding the Fw190A8 and F-16C, the big news is that it now supports the IL-2 Great Battles Series (including Tank Crew) and Elite: Dangerous!

1 Like

:slight_smile: Wow! I’m definitely going to try this now…

I’ve been using it for a few months now for DCS: World. Once you finish the setup dance and get it playing nicely with SRS and Vaicom, it’s really great. Only issue for me is not having a printer at home to print off all the MFD cards for the various planes (and having to memorize all the bindings for each plane - right now I throw them up on the second monitor as I’m flying). Curious to look into this for Elite - I haven’t been able to use the MFD’s in-game before with the issues I’ve seemed to have with my control bindings erasing themselves from time to time, so I’m looking forward to trying this out.

And don’t even get me started on my struggles trying to keep overlapping controls straight in IL-2. This should be a veritable godsend.

1 Like

Check out MFDisplay. It was designed for use with the TARGET script (not by me, though), and these days a spare monitor is cheaper than printer ink/toner.

1 Like

Everyone,

The past few weeks I’ve been having internet issues with the server hosting CTS. This probably won’t fix itself for at least another week.

This internet issue is not fixing itself, and it will likely persist for at least another week. To get around this, I have made the 2.52 files directly downloadable on my cloud.

Just download all zip files from box.com, extract them with folder structure intact into your CTS folder (the folder with CTSupdate.exe), then back up the zip files for good measure. If you’re prompted to overwrite existing files, you’re likely doing it right!

Sorry for any inconvenience.

2 Likes

Everyone,

The server is back up. Please post if you still have any issues.

1 Like

All,

I just had to replace the router on the server. This also means I had to update the dynamic DNS.

To update to the new DNS,

Go into the CTS\DB folder and open up the version.txt file in Notepad
Globally replace the string mynetgear.com with tplinkdns.com
Alternatively, you can download the version.txt in this post, copy it to your CTS\DB folder, then just re-download everything.

This should fix any issues until I can update the installer.

version.txt (1.4 KB)

Version 2.55 is uploaded. Additionally, a new installer with the updated DNS is available (links in the OP).

Change Log:

• F-16C: Added IFF In/Out to S3+Comm/Mic Switch.
  • Su-25T: Added HUD Filter to S3+ROSB16.
  • F/A-18C: Added ECM to S3+LCON.

P-47D:

• P-47D: Replaced toggles with discrete keys on RMFD.
  • Added Recognition Light Key Switch to S1 Long.

M-2000C:

• Major updates for DCS World 2.5.6.60645 and later.
  • Added ILS/TACAN to RMFD.
  • Added Autopilot Altitude to LMFD and H2L/R (Warthog).
  • Added Bingo to RMFD and H2L/R (Warthog).
  • Added NVG Lighting and discrete Stores Config switch to LMFD.
  • Added VAD Knob to H2L/R Long (Cougar) or S3+CSL/R (Warthog).

Note: M-2000C NVG Adjustment mod is now obsolete.