Version 2.04 is available. It is now released as an installer that will update you to the latest version.
If you wish to contribute for my efforts, please send any donations to Fisher House, a charity that supports disabled veterans and their families. Exception: if you want me to program for a module I don’t have, or add programming for the TFRP, please PM me and we can discuss it.
DCS World TARGET Script for Thrustmaster Cougar or Warthog and MFDs is now available. Download it from:
This file is an installer which will install and launch the updater, which will then download the latest version of the script. You can also periodically run the updater to keep your script up to date.
This script for the HOTAS Cougar/Warthog and Cougar MFDs includes dedicated profiles for the A-10C Warthog, AV-8B Harrier, Ka-50 Black Shark, P-51D Mustang, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8 Hip, F-86 Sabre, Fw-190D9 Dora, Bf-109K-4 Kurfürst, MiG-21bis Fishbed, MiG-15bis, M-2000C, SA-342 Gazelle, L-39 Albatross, F-5E Tiger II, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AJS-37 Viggen, Hawk T.1A, C-101, and Flaming Cliffs 3 profiles. The script is fully implemented with both code and custom keyboard and joystick LUA files. The included “Standard DirectX” profile can me used to create a versatile profile for anything else.
This script uses TARGET, so you need to install it (though Cougar users can leave Foxy where it is). I also recommend the latest MFD Drivers, as I have found fewer profile crashes with these enabled.
The script offers the following features:
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) to save your settings and auto-generate script files.
- Both HOTAS Cougar and Warthog Compatibility
- All documentation (except for the Setup Guide) is in HTML with context-sensitive help in the GUI.
- CommState routine allows for the selection of F1 through F12 keys with Hats 2-4 while the MIC switch is pressed
- Hot-selectable “TriggerZoom” allows you to zoom into your target or HUD when depressing the first trigger stage
- LED indications for airbrake, landing gear, TriggerZoom, CommState, and Teamspeak3 PTT
- Compatible with TouchControl (formerly TouchIR), VAC, DCS Simpleradio Standalone, and all major Teamspeak radio solutions
- Optimized for TrackIR, but compatible with Hat1 as POV
- Individual HOTAS profiles are mapped as closely to their real world counterparts as practical
- Flaming Cliffs 3 (FC3) HOTAS mappings correlate to the A-10C (attack aircraft) or F-16C (fighters) as closely as practical
- FC3 Context Sensitive Autopilot routine that reverts to last used mode on toggle
- A-10C Profile includes direct entry for CDU, CMSP, and UFC
- ]Ka-50 Profile allows direct entry for ABRIS (RMFD) and Rubicon Datapad
- Ability to automatically pause TrackIR while at the Door Gunner Station (UH-1)
- Context sensitive communications menus based on crew station (framework in place for DCS implementation)
- TARGET based Central Position Trimmer Mode that greatly improves upon the default trimmers when not using force feedback.
- Analog and digital differential braking routines, including paddle braking and nosewheel steering.
- Kneeboard mapping for all aircraft.
- NVGs for all capable aircraft, including "bonus mapping for the A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, and F-86 (H/T Zaelu).
- Simplified hot-selection of aircraft allows for potentially thousands of aircraft and variants in this script, along with audible feedback of aircraft selected.
Here are some screenshots of the GUI:
Select the modules you have installed. This will help filter the values you see and possibly de-clutter the interface.
Next, you can modify your settings as you see fit. Values are arranged by module and can be filtered by category. Each entry has a help summary at the bottom of the screen, along with a button that will take you to the right place in the HTML references.
Then before you build the script you can assign module presets to each button on your MFDs. Just like having a radio with 40 presets, though you can still cycle through profiles manually via the rocker switches.
Here are some example Warthog and MFD mappings. Now that everything is easily accessible via HTML, I will reduce the amount of images posted to a few examples:
Note: the HOTAS Warthog images here are of comparatively low quality compared to the images in the download.
Note: the following functionality is in addition to the standard MFD functionality.
Direct Entry mode for the CDU:
AV-8B Harrier II:
Direct Entry mode for the UFC:
M-2000C INS Direct Entry
SA342 NADIR Mappings:
I look forward to your feedback; any information that will help me improve this profile is greatly appreciated.