Did you know... Dick Marcinko died Christmas day, did you know he made a video game

Richard Marcinko was a U.S. Navy SEAL commander and Vietnam War veteran. He was the first commanding officer of SEAL Team Six. After retiring from the United States Navy, he became an author, radio talk show host, military consultant, and motivational speaker.

He died Christmas day of a heart attack. RIP and thanks for your service…

NOW, did you know he made, well was the inspiration behind one of the worst video games I ever played. I reviewed it for SimHQ back in the day…

Rogue Warrior | SimHQ

Sorry for all the ads, SimHQ has gone to crap with content since Doug sold it… just glad they are to lazy to remove all the old stuff. lol

7 Likes

Wow. I read your review. That’s a mess of a game.

But even so, still a great loss of a hero. Rest in peace

interesting surname

[R. Marcinko] is of Croatian and Slovak descent

RIP :tumbler_glass:

Still remember reading Rogue Warrior almost 30 years ago. Really liked it but I never read any of his other novels though.

Wheels

1 Like

Rogue Warrior was a good book. I vaguely remember Dick mentioning that he really enjoyed his tour in Vietnam, running around behind enemy lines with his team in black pajamas raiding enemy camps LOL!

A good addon book is “The Real Team” …

1 Like

I remember when the game came out and how bad it looked when it could have been so good. I’ve read Rogue Warrior which was great.

1 Like