DiRT Rally 2.0 Club - gauging interest

This best captures the essence of my first hour in Dirt: Rally 2

This is at full speed, guess what that log is going to do to me as my rear wheels come slipping towards it? :sob:

EDIT: the front looks like that due to a “shakedown” that I took a bit too seriously

6 Likes

Rapidly straighten your trajectory

3 Likes

Im in

2 Likes

Not sure it’s clear in the picture, but the front side is sticking up in the air and the rear wheels are in a ditch next to the (always far too narrow) road.

I went flying. Not nearly as bad as when I was slightly beside the road with one wheel and that escalated to plummeting off a cliff in Greece, but still.

Very glad I started out on a flat screen instead of VR

4 Likes

VR rallying: an acquired taste :laughing:

Used to make me ill, but can’t drive without it now. Well, being forced to drive the very uncool VR Desktop at the moment in WRC. Loath 2D, but didn’t want to miss the Spike rallies. DR2 has pretty good VR now.

4 Likes

Woohoo! My first stage where:

• I survived
  • my car wasn’t smoking at the end

It was the same Scottish area, but with rain this time. One of the daily challenges. Had to buy my first car for it, an R2 class, so it became a second hand Peugeot 208

Only 1m30s slower than the fastest time, with 5m35s :rofl:
It does make me feel good to see that I’m almost in the middle of all players who tried.

And yes of course I did go off the track a bit, but I was very lucky that I didn’t hit any logs this time:

That it happened only once, will be attributed to my Professional level skill of course!

(It also helps to have only 185 horses under the hood instead of 300)

4 Likes

Does anyone know how to earn money in this game? I guess I should do a career thingy instead of just daily challenges?

Sooner or later, all these repairs will drain the funds

1 Like