DiRT Rally 2.0 League - Discussion

Cheers Camenbert. Just fired mine up. Imagine Old Town Road playing in the background :grinning:

4 Likes

The fire began acting recalcitrant, so I pulled out the Group B of fire starters.

The kids loved it. They probably like rally too.

7 Likes

I should’ve quit when I set the stage pace by 2+ secs on stage 4…

I accidentally started stage 5 when I intended to quit. Then I accidnetally hit the gas while trying to voice chat, incurring a jump the gun penalty of 10 seconds. And in the second corner I punctured my front right. Oof. Disaster stage.

4 Likes

So I forgot to reset my degree of rotation for stage 4, so the first turn was a suprise. No way I was beating @Rhinosaurus, anyway, great stage!

Stage 5 was fun even though I struggled with my steering.

1 Like

Holy crap! What kind of horsepower is that thing running Chip? I’ve found that a simple air mattress foot pump works well on campfires LOL!

I’m so embarrassed … I’m from Canada and I’m floundering around in all this Swedish snow! We haven’t seen snow the likes of this in years! :smiley:

NEED MORE DIRT AND HAIRPIN TURNS! :slight_smile:

Edit: AND CLIFFS!

4 Likes

Halfway through Sweeden. Been surprisingly clean so far. Overcooked it into a 3 right over junction and did a rail slide along the snowbank for a while. Then did a pirouette after misjudging a 6 right over crest (in my defense the co-driver was shouting so many instructions I didn’t know which way to go! :man_shrugging:). Minimal damage on both thankfully.

More importantly for me, the snow is so much better in 2.0 than the original. In Dirt Rally (1) if you even brushed a single molecule of the snow bank it would pivot the car towards it and suck you in. Made the stages feel excruciatingly narrow. 2.0 actually allows you to punch through the initial soft bit of the bank. There is a hard shoulder further in, so you can’t take too many liberties, but at least it’s drivable! Yay!

Oh, and Pugs for the win! :dog:

7 Likes

Stay safe Roo! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dammit… you’re flying @Roo . I’m already nearly a minute down on your times and it can only get worse.

Knowing this is giving me a dilemma. Do I try and increase my pace with all the risk that entails, or continue in the same vein hoping you make a mistake. :thinking:

Then their @chipwich hot on my heels and @Elby.

Good luck for the remaining stages everyone, I’ll try and complete mine this afternoon. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hang on a minute.

Is it the team event this weekend and have I messed up by crashing out?

I guess my contribution will be null points then? Sorry Team Peugeot.

Enjoy the rest of the event guys.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems like it @camembert, sorry!

I am driving the rally right now and man I am slow. Dead last I guess.
But in stage 7 or 8 I was just one second slower than @Mudcat which is already a win for me.

I learned that the snow is a lot softer than in DR1, I guess I have to cut those corners some more.
Something to relearn.

Video of my stage 8 coming soon.

3 Likes

Gah, that last turn in stage 10…

Edit: Finished!
But almost killed the car in the last stage because the cat jumped onto the desk. :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh I forgot this was a team thing. Shouldn’t we have signed up for team’s first? Haha

2 Likes

Hey guys. Have been very busy with work and with Easter festivities (we just had a drive-by Bunny), hoping to get through Finland. It will be tough to finish by midnight, but I will try. Good luck all.

5 Likes

Here is my stage 8 video:

1 Like

I have ways to “level” the teams without making anyone drive their non-preferred car. Sorry I haven’t been able to elaborate more, had a few things I’ve needed to deal with, but right now it’s 6-4 VW so it’s even enough.

2 Likes

The age old rallying riddle. Even though i’m feeling comfortable now, given my track record, me crashing out is still a 50/50 chance! :laughing:

Going to finish of Finland in a little bit, then swing back over to Sweden to complete that tomorrow. Between the main and alt rallies I’ve had a solid six stages per day, and having a blast. I know it’s been said before, but thanks again @Mudcat, this really is awesome.

Any thoughts to some RWD rallies in the future? I took the Datsun 240Z out for a run last night and I was woefully out of practice. It’s much more a patience game and being gentle with the throttle, rather than flooring it and letting the driven front wheels (in FWD or AWD) pull you around. Very fun, but very different.

4 Likes

I have not started the Club rally yet but I am colsing in. I’ve had to modify my pedal thingie as I was sitting to close to the wheel and the shifter was knocking into the desk.

Now I am doing some Custom Australia stages to dial in my FFB settings.

What are you guys using for shifting? Paddles, Sequential or H?

I very much prefer my paddles as I am very good at overreving my engine when using the H shifter.

Happy Simming

3 Likes

Yes, we did do the Rally GT cars which are RWD, but we can do more RWD stuff for sure, been trying to bring as many folks up to speed and practiced before swinging some of the more difficult ones.

Thanks y’all, sorry for not being quite as attentive to this one. Basically though, for teams, the only real thing you probably should be concerned with is finishing instead of crashing out etc. But no one has sunk the team thing yet.

3 Likes

I let the game decide for me. So if its a sequential shift I use paddles but if its a regular manual I use the H-shifter. I have a G27 wheel.

1 Like

G29 wheel and using paddles. I don’t own a sequential shifter, but have one on order.

1 Like